How do you create a feature line in Civil 3D?
To Create Feature Lines From Objects
- Click Home tab Create Design panel Feature Line drop-down Create Feature Lines From Objects Find.
- In the drawing, select one or more polylines, lines, or arcs. Then press Enter. …
- In the Create Feature Lines dialog box, specify the feature line options.
How do I add a line to an existing alignment in Civil 3D?
To add a fixed line (two points)
- Click the alignment. Click Alignment tab Modify panel Geometry Editor Find.
- On the Alignment Layout Tools toolbar, click Fixed Line (Two Points).
- Specify the start point.
- Specify the end point. A line preview is displayed.
How do you add slope labels to a profile in Civil 3D?
To Add Surface Slope Labels
- Click Annotate tab Labels & Tables panel Add Labels menu Surface Slope .
- At the command line, enter either One-point or Two-point depending on the type of the slope label that you want to add and then press Enter . …
- Digitize the location of the first point and the second point (if applicable).
What is a feature line in Civil 3D?
Feature lines are 3D objects which can be used as grading footprints, surface breaklines, and as corridor baselines. About the Feature Lines Collection (Prospector Tab) Use the Feature Lines collection in the Prospector tree to manage feature line styles and layers.
In which ways can feature lines be created?
Feature lines can be either drawn with straight and curved feature line segments, or created from existing alignments or AutoCAD lines, arcs, polylines, or 3D polylines. A feature line can be used as a grading baseline, but not as a target.
How do you add elevations to an alignment?
There is no adding elevations to an alignment. The alignment is a 2d representation of the horizontal control. The profile is where the elevations are added. You can report cut/fill at any point along the alignment by querying the difference of two profiles with a report or a label.
How do I edit my profile in geometry Civil 3D?
The first is to click the modify tab of the ribbon and then click profile. On the profile editing tab you will see the geometry editor tool right here. You click that tool, select your profile, and you are on your way with the profile layout tools tool bar.
How do you add slope label to profile?
Add line labels to the profile that use a style showing percent. You can also go to the “Annotate” tab then click on the label icon in the upperleft hand corner which will pop up a dialogue box. Then in the Feature drop down select Profile View. Then in the Label type drop down select Depth.
How do you label a slope?
The slope can be labeled as a grade or slope with a negative value representing a decreasing slope or grade. The direction of the slope is represented by a direction arrow component defined in the slope label style. You can create a slope label by selecting two points.