Fillet/Round creates a rounded internal or external face on the part. You can fillet all edges of a face, selected sets of faces, selected edges, or edge loops.
How do I use fillet command in Solidworks?
To create fillets:
- Click Fillet on the Features toolbar, or click Insert, Features, Fillet/Round.
- Set the PropertyManager options. For constant radius fillets only, you can use the FilletXpert to add or modify fillets and to manage fillet corners.
- Click OK .
What does the fillet feature do?
What does the Fillet feature do? Fillet rounds edges at a specified radius.
How do you fillet a 3D object in Solidworks?
To fillet edges of 3D solids:
- Click Solids > Solid Editing > Fillet edges (or type FilletEdges).
- Specify the Radius option.
- Specify the radius of the fillet arc.
- Specify the edges of 3D solids and press Enter. The software fillets the edges by the specified radius.
How do you flip a fillet in SolidWorks?
You can reverse the orientation of the fillet on one or more edges that intersect the vertex. Click the multi-edge control point to select which edges you want to reverse the orientation for. Sets the radius for one fillet direction. Sets the radius for the other fillet direction.
Where is fillet in SolidWorks?
To create a fillet: Click Fillet (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Fillet/Round.
What is difference between fillet and chamfer?
First, a terminology review: in design and machining, a chamfer is a sloped or angled corner or edge, and a fillet is a rounded corner or edge. These edges can be located on either the interior or the exterior of a part. … So the question is, “How do you choose between chamfering or filleting a sharp corner.
How do you face fillet in Solidworks?
To create a face fillet between surfaces:
- Create two surfaces (the surfaces need not be adjacent).
- Click Fillet (Features toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Fillet/Round.
- In the PropertyManager, under Fillet Type, select Face fillet.
- Under Items To Fillet, set a Radius value.
How do you fillet multiple bodies in SolidWorks?
To create multiple fillets using the FilletXpert Add tab:
- In the FilletXpert PropertyManager, click the Add tab.
- Under Items to Fillet: Select items to fillet for Edges, Faces, Features and Loops . Set the Radius . Click Apply. The FilletXpert adds the fillet features without leaving the PropertyManager.
What is a face fillet?
You generally use the Face-face fillet command when there is no intersection between the faces or when there are more than two sharp edges between the faces. This task shows how to create a basic face-face fillet then a face-face fillet using a hold curve.
Can you pattern a fillet in Solidworks?
Answer: It is not possible to pattern a fillet, chamfer, or draft feature alone. These features are dependent upon parent features for face or edge definition and must be patterned at the same time as their parent features.
How do I make curved edges in Solidworks?
Creating a Corner Trim
- Select edges for Corner edges .
- Click Collect all corners.
- Select a value for Relief Type.
- Select or clear Centered on bend lines.
- Set a value for Radius or Side length.
- Select Ratio to thickness to set a value.
- Select Tangent to bend.
- Select Add filleted corners to set a value for Radius .