You can copy (Control C) or cut (Control X) the original object and paste it back in as a block (control Shift V) and then if you go to Modify / Properties you will have the option to change the scaling of the X, Y or Z independently. You can then explode it and work with it again.
How do you squeeze text in AutoCAD?
If you want to change the start point of the text, use the Start Point option, pick a start point and then an end point.
Squeeze or stretch single-line text to fit in a space with…
- Start the TEXT command.
- At the Specify start point of text or [Justify/Style]: prompt, type j and press Enter.
How do I fill an area in AutoCAD?
To Hatch or Fill an Object or an Area
- Click Home tab Draw panel Hatch. …
- On the Properties panel Hatch Type list, select the type of hatch that you want to use.
- On the Pattern panel, click a hatch pattern or fill.
- On the Boundaries panel, specify the how the pattern boundary is selected:
What is grip command in AutoCAD?
Entity grips allow AutoCAD drawings to be edited in an entirely new way. Without entering any edit commands, you can stretch, move, copy, rotate, scale, and mirror entities. You can also snap to geometric features such as endpoints, midpoints, centers, quadrants without entering object snaps.
How do you move an object freely in AutoCAD?
Click the Move button on the Modify panel of the Home tab. The command line displays the Select objects prompt. Select at least one object. You can use any object selection technique.
- Repeat Steps 1–4 in the preceding step list.
- When AutoCAD displays the Specify base point… …
- Press Enter to complete the move.
How do you stretch letters in AutoCAD?
How do you stretch in AutoCAD?
- Click Home tab Modify panel Stretch. Find.
- Select the object using a crossing window selection. …
- Do one of the following: Enter the displacement in the form of a relative Cartesian, polar, cylindrical, or spherical coordinate.
How do I draw a text box in AutoCAD?
To Create Text
- Click Home tab Annotation panel Multiline Text. …
- Specify opposite corners of a bounding box to define the width of the multiline text object. …
- Specify the initial formatting. …
- Enter the text. …
- To change individual characters, words, or paragraphs, highlight the text and specify the formatting changes.
What is the command for starting Multileader tool?
Click the Multileader tool button ( ) on the Dimensions toolbar. Choose Multileader in the Dimensions menu. Type multileader in the command bar, then press Enter.
How do you colorize in AutoCAD?
Right-click in the drawing area, and choose Properties. In the Properties palette, click Color, and then click the down arrow. From the drop-down list, choose the color that you want to assign to the objects. Press Esc to remove the selection.
How do you move things in AutoCAD?
To Move Objects Using Two Points
- Click Home tab Modify panel Move. Find.
- Select the objects to move and press Enter.
- Specify a base point for the move.
- Specify a second point. The objects you selected are moved to a new location determined by the distance and direction between the first and second points.
How do you move in AutoCAD without a mouse?
Use the Pan command on the Standard toolbar to move the view in the graphics window in any direction planar to the screen. You can pan the view while other commands are active. Click Pan or press F2.