Can you make a part in an assembly solidworks?
You can create a new part in the context of an assembly. That way you can use the geometry of other assembly components while designing the part. You can also create a new subassembly in the context of another assembly.
Can you use Hole Wizard in an assembly?
Hole Wizard is the most common feature which is used to create holes and has the flexibility to exist at the part level, at the assembly level as a post-assembly machining operation or at both the part and assembly levels. It can be used to create simple, tapered, counterbore and countersink holes.
How do you make a clearance hole in Solidworks?
Create a part, select a surface, and click Hole Wizard (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Hole > Wizard . You can also open the Hole Wizard Type PropertyManager from an assembly.
How do you draw an assembly in Solidworks?
To create a drawing from within a part or assembly document:
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar or New flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.
What is top assembly?
Top level assembly is assembly that is not included/assembled in other assemblies but includes subassemblies and parts.
How do you use hole Wizard in assembly?
To create an assembly feature hole:
- Click the planar face approximately where you want to create the hole.
- Click Simple Hole or Hole Wizard (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Hole , then Simple or Wizard.
- Set the options as needed in the Hole PropertyManager or Hole Wizard Type PropertyManager.
the only difference what i could find is that the drill depth. Tapped hole have aproximately 2mm more drill depth when compared with bottoming tapped holes.
How do you make a hex hole in Solidworks?
How to create hexagonal nut in solidworks in simple steps
- Step 1: Selection of plane and basic sketch. Select the top plane and sketch on it. …
- Step 2: Extruding the sketch. Select Extruded Boss. …
- Step 3: Adding chamfer. Add chamfer on both sides of the part.
- Step 4: Creation of hex shape. …
- Step 5: Apply thread. …
- Step 6: Rendering.
Are assembly drawings dimensioned?
In assembly drawings, you can display the parameters of assembly features and all assembly components; however, you cannot show the dimensions of subassemblies. The dimensions in an assembly drawing are visible only at the assembly level.
What is assembly chart?
An assembly chart is a model that shows how parts are fitted together, the order in which they are assembled, and an overall view of the product. … The assembly chart will list all of the major materials and components, operations, inspections and operations. This chart is sometimes called a ‘Gozinto chart.