How do I delete part of an object in AutoCAD?
To Erase an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Erase. Find.
- At the Select Objects prompt, use a selection method to select the objects to be erased or enter an option: Enter L (Last) to erase the last object drawn. Enter p (Previous) to erase the last selection set. …
- Press Enter to end the command.
What is the command in AutoCAD to remove unwanted lines?
Solution: Select objects in a drawing (use CTRL-A to select everything) and then type OVERKILL on the command line. Click OK on the Delete Duplicate Objects dialog window, adjusting settings as desired (the default options are usually sufficient).
How do you close a polyline in AutoCAD?
To close (or open) a polyline do one of the following:
- Type C (or O ) in the command bar, then press Enter.
- Choose Close (or Open ) in the prompt menu.
Which command is used to erase the drawing?
The CS command is used to erase the drawing from the logo screen.
How do you delete a line in Freecad?
- Select the Edit → Delete option from the menu.
- Select the Delete option from the Tree view context menu or 3D view context menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: Del.
What is difference between erase and trim in AutoCAD?
As verbs the difference between trim and erase
is that trim is to reduce slightly; to cut; especially, to remove excess; eg ‘trim a hedge’, ‘trim a beard’ the adposition of can be used in present perfect tense to designate the removed part while erase is to remove markings or information.
How do I delete a 3D line in AutoCAD?
To Remove Redundant Lines From a 3D Solid
- Click Modeling tab > Solid panel > Solid Edit – Body drop-down > Clean.
- Select the 3D solid object.
- Press Enter to complete the command.