Use the SteeringWheels Center tool to define the center of the current view of a model. When you drag the cursor over your model, a sphere (pivot point) displays, along with the cursor.
How do I change the view reference in Revit?
Click Annotate tab Tag panel View Reference. Optionally, on the View Reference panel, under View Type, select the type of view to display for the Target View list. On the View Reference panel, select the Target View (the view you wish to reference). Click in the drawing area to place the reference.
How do I reset a pivot point in Revit?
1-select any element or any set of elements and orbit. that will orbit around the selected elements and these elements will be the pivot point even after deselection. 2-from the wheel (Shift+W), drag the wheel to whatever the point that you want to set as pivot point and then click “Center”.
How do you find the center of a circle in Revit?
- Select the circle.
- Right-click. Click Properties.
- In the Element Properties dialog box, select the Center Mark Visible check box and click OK.
- Center Mark will now be visible to select to dimension.
How do you align all views on a sheet in Revit?
Align Views on a Sheet
- Open a sheet view.
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Guide Grid).
- In the Assign Guide Grid dialog, select Create new, enter a name, and click OK.
- Click and drag the extent controls to specify the extents of the guide grid.
- (Optional) Drag additional views onto the sheet.
Why can’t I select a view on a sheet in Revit?
Causes: The viewport is hidden. When selecting a view placed onto a sheet, the viewport is selected. If you select to hide it, the geometry of the view is not hidden, but the outline and title are hidden (preventing the viewport from being selected or activated).
How do you align levels in Revit?
Click Modify tab Modify panel (Align). The cursor displays with the align symbol . On the Options Bar, select the desired options: Select Multiple Alignment to align multiple elements with a selected element.
Can legend views be added to multiple sheets?
You can place a legend view on multiple sheets.
How do you reference a 3D view in Revit?
To place a view reference on an axonometric 3D view, the view must be locked.
- Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics).
- Click the Annotation Categories tab.
- Clear the check box for View Reference.
How do you add a view reference in Revit?
Reference sections can reference section views, callouts of section views, and drafting views. To create a reference section: Click View tab Create panel (Section). On the Options Bar, select Reference other view, and select a section, callout of a section, or drafting view name from the drop-down menu next to it.