For export, Revit supports the following standards: IFC4, IFC2x3, and IFC2x2. … You can export the building model using the IFC format to an IFC-certified application that does not use the RVT file format.
Which IFC versions are supported in Revit?
For import (link only), Revit also supports IFC files based on the bSI IFC4 standard. For export, Revit supports the following standards: IFC4, IFC2x3, and IFC2x2. The Revit IFC Exporter is actively updated to contain new functionality and bug releases on a regular basis.
What files does Revit support?
Revit supports a wide range of industry standards and file formats, including:
- Revit native formats: RVT, RFA, RTE, RFT.
- CAD formats: DGN, DWF, DWG, DXF, IFC, SAT, and SKP.
- Image formats: BMP, PNG, JPG, JPEG, and TIF.
- Other formats: ODBC, HTML, TXT, and gbXML.
How do I open IFC files in Revit 2020?
Open the Revit model. Click Insert tab Link panel (Link IFC). In the Open IFC File dialog, navigate to the IFC file, select it, and click Open.
Does Revit use IFC?
Revit supports the import of IFC files based on the following International Alliance for Interoperability (IAI) data exchange standards: IFC4, IFC2x3, IFC2x2, and IFC2x.
What is the use of IFC in Revit?
The Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) file format is maintained by buildingSMART®. IFC provides an interoperability solution between different software applications. The format establishes international standards to import and export building objects and their properties.
Can Revit open a DWFx file?
DWF and DWFx files contain the same data (2D and 3D); the only difference is the file format. DWFx files can be opened and printed using the free Microsoft XPS Viewer, which comes pre-installed on computers using the Microsoft Windows Vista™ operating system. … You can export all Revit views or sheets to 2D DWF files.
What 3D files can Revit export?
Revit Architecture supports exporting to CAD (DWG and DXF), ACIS (SAT), and MicroStation® (DGN) file formats.
What opens IFC files?
IFC files can be opened with Autodesk’s Revit, Adobe Acrobat, FME Desktop, CYPECAD, SketchUp (with the IFC2SKP plug-in), or GRAPHISOFT’s ARCHICAD.
How can I reduce the size of my IFC?
Reduce the size of imported IFC files and dwg drawings by converting repeated geometry into blocks. Use Blockify to automatically convert solids into blocks.
How do I import an IFC file into Revit family?
Import an IFC file in Revit
- Click File tab Open (IFC).
- In the Open IFC File dialog, navigate to the IFC file to import, and select it.
- If needed, for Files of type, specify the type of file to open: IFC, ifcXML, or ifcZIP. (If you do not want elements to join automatically, clear Auto-Join Elements).
- Click Open.
Can you export IFC from Revit?
To export a Revit model as an IFC file, follow the steps below. In Revit’s ribbon, click File tab > Export > IFC. In the Export IFC dialog, for File name, click Browse, and navigate to the target folder for the IFC file. For Current selected setup, select the IFC setup to use to create the file and click Modify setup.
How do I convert Revit to steps?
How to achieve a conversion of a Revit model to STEP or STP…
- Click File tab Export CAD Formats (ACIS (SAT).
- In the SAT Export Settings dialog, select the views and sheets to export.
- Click Next.
- In the Export CAD Formats dialog, do the following: Navigate to the target folder for the exported files. …
- Click OK.