Groups in Revit are easily created. Select the model and annotation geometry you want to include in the group. In the Modify | Multi-select Tab select the Create Group Icon. When the Revit Group Dialogue menu opens Name Both your Model Group and Attached Detail Group.
Can you group things in Revit?
Create a group by selecting elements or existing groups, and using the Create Group tool. In a project view, select the desired elements or existing groups you want in the group. Click Modify | Multi-Select tab Create panel (Create Group).
How do I create a group in Revit?
Use the group editor to create a group, and add existing or new elements to the group.
- Click Architecture tab Model panel Model Group drop-down (Create Group). …
- In the Create Group dialog, enter a name for the group.
- Select the type of group to create (model or detail), and click OK.
What does the group Tool do in Revit?
First, we’ll explore what Revit groups can do. Groups are a tool inside of Revit which allow you to select different families inside your model and group them together. Then, you can pull this group and place multiple groups in different areas.
How do I make a group unique in Revit?
In the Project Browser, right-click the group name, and click Duplicate. The new group displays in the Project Browser. For example, if your original group was called Group 1, the new group would be Group 2. You can rename the group as necessary.
How do you explode a group in Revit?
Groups of elements can be ungrouped in order to edit the individual elements making up the group.
- In the drawing area, select a group.
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab Ungroup.
How do you manage groups in Revit?
Add or Remove Elements in a Group
- In the drawing area, select the group to modify. …
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab or Modify | Attached Detail Groups tab Group panel (Edit Group). …
- On the Edit Group panel, click (Add) to add elements to the group, or click (Remove) to remove elements from the group.
What is the difference between assembly and group in Revit?
Assemblies function similar to Groups, but are designed so that the grouped elements are tagged and scheduled as a single unit under one category. Assemblies are primarily designed to create detailed views and sheets of the assembly as a type of shop drawing to show how the group is constructed.
What is model group in Revit?
Model groups typically hold Revit families. The two types of elements, detail and model, cannot be created in the same group. They are managed separately. Let’s now discuss the methods of creating groups and the various benefits of doing so.
What are Revit assemblies?
The Assemblies category of Revit elements supports construction workflows by letting you identify, classify, quantify, and document unique element combinations in the model. Video: Create and Document Assemblies. Combine multiple elements into a single assembly to be independently scheduled, tagged, and filtered.
How do I turn off model groups in Revit?
In the drawing area, select a model group that has an attached detail group, or groups. Click Modify | Model Groups tab Group panel (Attached Detail Groups). In the Attached Detail Group Placement dialog, select or clear check boxes to show or hide the attached detail group. Click OK.
How do you copy a group in Revit?
Duplicate Group Types
- In the Project Browser, right-click the group name, and click Duplicate. The new group displays in the Project Browser. …
- Select the group in the drawing area, and on the Properties palette, click (Edit Type). In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.