You can create layers in a SOLIDWORKS drawing document. You assign visibility, line color, line thickness, and line style for new entities (annotations and assembly components) created on each layer. New entities are automatically added to the active layer.
How do you create layers in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a drawing layer:
- Click Layer Properties (Layer or Line Format toolbar).
- In the dialog box, click New, and enter the Name of a new layer. If you save the drawing as a . …
- Specify the line format for entities on that layer as follows: …
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to create as many layers as necessary.
How do you add a layer in SOLIDWORKS 2018?
The Layer toolbar contains a list of layers in the drawing and the Layer Properties tool . Click the Layer Properties tool to bring up the Layers dialog box. Create new layers and specify the Color, Style, and Thickness of lines in each layer.
What is Layer property?
Layer properties are settings that can have a list of different values for a display characteristic. The following properties can be set for a layer in the Layer Properties Manager: Color: Changes the color of objects on the layer.
How do I change the default layer in Solidworks?
To implement document layer defaults:
- Create layers for a drawing in SOLIDWORKS.
- Click Options (Standard toolbar).
- Select a detail, such as Dimensions > Chamfer, from the Document Properties tab.
- For Layer, select a layer for the detail.
How do I edit a layer in Solidworks?
To change the layer of a document:
- Right-click in the drawing, but not on a drawing element.
- In the shortcut menu, click Change Layer .
- When the dialog box appears, move the pointer over the dialog box to activate it.
- In the dialog box, click the arrow and click a layer.
Where is command manager in Solidworks?
To access the CommandManager:
- Click Tools > Customize.
- On the Toolbars tab, select Enable CommandManager.
- Click OK.
How do you save a layer in Solidworks?
You can preserve SOLIDWORKS layers when exporting drawings to DXF or DWG files. From a drawing file, click File > Save As . In the Save As dialog box, set Save as type to DXF or DWG, and then click Options.
How do you draw in Solidworks?
To create a new drawing:
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- In the New SOLIDWORKS Document dialog box, select Drawing , then click OK.
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- In the Model View PropertyManager, select a model from Open documents or browse to a part or assembly file.
How do I delete a layer in Solidworks?
Click Format > Layer Tools > Delete (or type DeleteLayer). In the graphics area, select an entity on the Layer to delete or specify an option: Name: Type the name of the Layer to delete (use ? to get a list of the Layer names defined in the drawing). Undo: Cancels one or more previous Layer deletions.
What is Layer tool bar?
The Layer toolbar contains a list of layers in the active drawing and a tool for specifying the properties of layers.