How do you make a flat pattern?
Create a Flat Pattern from a Sheet Metal Model
- With a single body sheet metal part open, on the ribbon click Sheet Metal tab Flat Pattern panel , click Create Flat Pattern. The flat pattern is created, and displays. …
- In the browser, double-click the Folded Model node to return to the folded model state or,
How do I change a flat pattern in Solidworks?
You can update existing flat patterns created prior to SOLIDWORKS 2011 to use the improved method. In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click Flat-Pattern1 and click Edit Feature. In the Flat-Pattern PropertyManager, under Parameters, select Recreate flat-pattern. You can create *.
How do you Unsuppress a flat pattern in SolidWorks?
Right-click Flat-Pattern and select Unsuppress . Select Process-Bends and all of the features after it. Click Edit > Suppress > This Configuration to suppress all of the selected features.
What is flat pattern in SolidWorks?
Creating Sheet Metal Flat Pattern Configurations
To ensure that all features are shown in a flat pattern, you should create the flat pattern configuration after the entire design pattern of the part is complete. To create a flat pattern configuration: In a sheet metal part, create a new configuration.
What is a flat pattern?
A flat pattern is a 3D sheet metal model in a flattened state. Create Flat Pattern calculates the material and layout required to flatten a 3D sheet metal model. The part browser displays a Flat Pattern node, and the flattened state of the model displays when this node is active.
What is flat pattern in sheet metal?
Use a flat pattern, which is the shape of the sheet metal part before it is formed, to create drawings for manufacturing. Flat patterns show bend lines, bend zones, punch locations, and the shape of the entire part with all bends flattened and bend factors considered.
How do you flatten sheet metal in SolidWorks?
To flatten a body, do one:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select the part and click Flatten (Sheet Metal toolbar).
- In the cut list, right-click the body and click Flatten .
- In either the FeatureManager design tree or the cut list, right-click the Flat-Pattern feature for the part and click Unsuppress .