Envelopes are hidden in drawing views by default. To show them, right-click a view and select Show Envelope.
What is an envelope components solidworks?
An assembly envelope is a special type of assembly component. Envelopes have two main functions. You can use envelopes as reference components and as selection tools. Envelopes are ignored in global assembly operations such as bills of materials and mass properties.
What does envelope drawing mean?
An Envelope Drawing is a solid representing all positions of an object that is the basic technical data and performance requirements for development or design selection of an item.
How do I add a part to a drawing in Solidworks?
Creating a Drawing From Within a Part or Assembly Document
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar or New flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.
How do you highlight a part in Solidworks drawing?
Items in the graphics area are highlighted when you select them, or dynamically highlighted when you move the pointer over them. You can set the colors for selected items, dynamic highlighting, and other user interface items in Tools > Options > System Options > Colors.
How do I create an envelope in Solidworks?
Creating an Envelope from a Component
- In an assembly, right-click a component and click Component Properties .
- In the dialog box, select Envelope. Exclude from bill of materials also becomes selected, because envelopes are never included in the bill of materials.
- Click OK.
How do you delete an envelope in Solidworks?
To remove an assembly envelope:
- Select the envelope component in either the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area. You can also select the Envelope feature in the ConfigurationManager.
- Press the Delete key or click Edit, Delete. Both the envelope component and the Envelope feature are deleted.
How do you make a component transparent in Solidworks?
Changing Transparency for Components
- Select a component and click Edit Component (Assembly toolbar). …
- Click Assembly Transparency (Assembly toolbar) and select from the following: …
- Edit the part as needed.
- Click Edit Component to return to editing the assembly, and to turn off transparency.
How do I open a part in a SolidWorks drawing?
In a drawing, to open a model in position, right-click the part or subassembly in the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area and select Open Assembly In Position or Open Part In Position from the context toolbar.
How do you add multiple parts to a SolidWorks drawing?
Under Part/Assembly to Insert, do one of the following:
- Ctrl + select several components from the list.
- Click Browse. In the dialog box, Ctrl + select several components and then click Open.
How do I turn off dynamic highlights in SolidWorks?
How do you stop SolidWorks from retracing all the lines of your…
- Tools > Options > Display/Selection.
- Go down to “Dynamic highlight from graphics view2.