NOTE: To copy a Detail or Section View from one drawing to another, you must also copy the parent view. You can either copy the parent view first, or you can copy both the parent and the Detail or Section View at the same time.
Can you copy a part in Solidworks?
Two methods of copying SOLIDWORKS features:
The first is to hold down the CTRL key, then drag & drop the feature to where you want to copy it to. The second method is to use CTRL+C, then pick where you want it to paste to and use CTRL+V.
Copies one or more items to the Microsoft Windows Clipboard. To copy: Select one or more items to copy. Click Copy (Standard toolbar) or Edit > Copy, or press Ctrl+C.
How do you duplicate in SolidWorks?
While holding down the Ctrl key, mouse-click (select & hold) the feature you would like to copy from the Feature Manager Design Tree, then drag and drop that feature to a planar face of where you want to copy that feature to (ref. 1).
How do you draw a section view?
A full section view is generated by running the cutting plane through the entire length of the object being sectioned.
- Click Layout tab Create View panel Section drop-down Full. …
- Click the view you want to use as the parent view. …
- Click in the drawing area to indicate the start point of the section line.
How do I move a BOM in Solidworks?
Moving BOMs Within a Drawing Sheet
You can drag BOMs that are not anchored. To move a BOM table: Click the upper left corner of the BOM and drag it.
How do we move a view on the drawing sheet?
- Select a single view or multiple views.
- Click on the view(s) and drag into a desired sheet.
- Views are moved.
You can access Undo and Redo using the shortcuts. Undo=CTRL+z and Redo=CTRL+y; or from the quick access commands located above or inside the Command Manager.
How do you redo in Solidworks 2020?
Undo and Redo
- To undo your last action: Click Undo on the Standard toolbar. Click Edit > Undo. Press Ctrl+Z.
- To redo your last Undo action: Click Redo on the Standard toolbar. Click Edit > Redo. Press Ctrl+Y.
How do you apply a linear pattern in Solidworks?
To create a linear sketch pattern:
- In an open sketch, click Linear Sketch Pattern. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Linear Pattern.
- In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Pattern, select the sketch entities to pattern .
- Set values for Direction 1 (X-axis). …
- Repeat for Direction 2 (Y-axis). …
- Click .