Click Modify > Clip > Viewport (or type ClipViewport). Select the Viewport to clip. Note: You cannot clip a Viewport which was created with the Entity option. Specify the Polygonal option.
How do I edit a viewport?
To edit a design layer displayed in a viewport:
- Select the viewport.
- Select Modify > Edit Viewport. …
- Click Design Layer and select the design layer to edit from the list.
- Choose how the design layer will display. …
- If the viewport has been cropped, select Add Reference Crop Object to display the crop on the design layer.
How do I create a viewport in Draftsight?
You cannot use the Viewport command in the Model tab. To activate a Sheet: Click a Sheet tab (if the Model tab is active).
To turn on Viewports:
- Type Viewport.
- Specify the On option.
- In the graphics area, select the Viewports to turn on. The model displays in the selected Viewports.
How do you change the viewport in paper space?
To move the layout viewport, click the move grip at the center of the viewport and click a new location. Alternatively, you can use the Move command. To change the display scale, click the triangular scale grip near the center of the layout viewport.
How do you unlock a viewport?
Follow these steps to set up the viewport:
- Verify that you’re in paper space. (Check the UCS icon or move the crosshairs.)
- Select the boundary of the viewport whose arrangement you want to protect. …
- Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale.
How do you pan a viewport?
Pan a Distance Within a Viewport
- Double click the viewport to activate it.
to start the pan command in the command line.
- Pick a point inside of the viewport to specify the base point.
- Move the cursor in the desired direction of the pan (use ortho)
- Enter the specific distance and hit
How do you hide the viewport border in Draftsight?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do you use sheets in Draftsight?
Creating and Managing Sheets
- Click File > Sheet > Sheet from Template (or type Sheet and specify the Template option).
- In the Select template from file dialog box, select a *. …
- In the Sheet List dialog box, select a Sheet name and click OK.
- The Sheet and all entities from the specified file are inserted in the drawing.
How do I delete a viewport in Draftsight?
To Delete a Saved Viewport Arrangement
- Click View tab Viewports panel Named. Find.
- In the Viewports dialog box, Named Viewports tab, select the name of the viewport configuration you want to delete.
- Press the DELETE key.
How do you make a viewport in model space?
To Create Multiple Model Space Viewports
Click the – or + control, and then the Viewport Configuration List to change the number and arrangement of viewports. Press CTRL while dragging viewport boundaries to display the green splitter bar and create new viewports.
What’s the easiest way to know if you are in paper space layout mode?
When you’re in the layout (paper space), you should see the right triangle UCS icon on the lower-left corner of your layout. Another very easy way is to add the paper space setting in the Status Bar from the Customization icon in the Status Bar. This setting will display the current space you are in.
Why can’t I select my viewport AutoCAD?
Make sure the layer has not been turned off or frozen: In the Layer Properties Manager, make sure the layer that contains the viewport geometry is not turned off or frozen. Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. … On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do you refresh a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Update an Out-of-date Drawing View
- Click Layout tab Update panel Update View drop-down Update View. Find.
- Click the drawing view you want to update.
- Press ENTER.
How do I manage viewports in AutoCAD?
To adjust the size, shape, and border of the new layout viewport, select the layout viewport and click a size grip one of the corners of the viewport object. To move the layout viewport, click the move grip at the center of the viewport and click a new location. Alternatively, you can use the Move command.