Can you change the ceiling height of a home?
Except for tearing out a dropped ceiling grid, raising ceiling height is not a do-it-yourself project. The new supporting beams and rafters must be in place before removing any of the existing ceiling structure. The best time to undertake the project would be during a major remodel that involves roof restructuring.
How do you raise a floor in chief architect?
Select Build> Floor> Build New Floor from the menu.
- Derive new 2nd floor plan from the 1st floor plan.
- Specify the desired default Ceiling height in the Floor 2 Defaults dialog and hit OK to build an additional floor level.
How do I change the wall length in chief architect?
Navigate to Edit> Default Settings, expand the Dimension category, select Temporary Dimensions, then click Edit to change how temporary dimensions locate walls. With the left wall selected, move your cursor over one of the dimensions displayed and you will notice that the cursor turns into a pointing hand cursor .
Is 8 foot ceiling too low?
Before modern times, 8 feet was typically regarded as the standard height for ceilings. … As a result, many people view 8-foot ceilings as being relatively low, but 8-foot ceilings come with plenty of advantages as high ceilings aren’t for everyone and often present their own issues.
Can you raise an 8 foot ceiling?
Can you raise an 8-foot ceiling? Yes, you can raise an 8-foot ceiling. The price may be prohibitive if you have a truss roof. Talk to your contractor about the cost to raise your ceiling.
How do you add a second floor in chief architect?
- Create a new floor by selecting Build> Floor> Build New Floor. …
- In the New Floor dialog, select Make new blank plan for the 2nd floor, then click OK.
- In the Floor Defaults dialog that displays next, specify your desired floor and ceiling settings, then click OK to create a new blank floor level.
How do I delete a floor on Chief Architect?
To delete a floor
- To delete the second floor, you must first go to the second floor. …
- Next, from the menu select Build> Floor> Delete Current Floor and the contents of Floor 2 will be removed.
- Once you return to floor one, you must build a new second floor to return to the second floor level.
How do you make a hole in chief architect?
Select Build> Slab> Slab or Slab with Footing from the menu, then click and drag to draw a rectangular slab. Click on the slab to select it and edit its size and shape as needed. Select Build> Slab> Slab Hole from the menu, then click and drag to draw a small rectangular slab hole entirely within the existing slab.
Can you raise a ceiling on the first floor?
It is possible, but it would involve ripping off the 2nd and 3rd floor levels. Then re-framing, or installing new framing for the first floor to the ceiling height desired. Essentially, you’d end up with probably just your foundation intact, and starting new from there.