These faces are similar to the faces in standard SOLIDWORKS BREP bodies, except that mesh faces do not have a geometric description. … For example, the facets of a mesh face can make up a rectangle, but that face is defined simply as a collection of facets, not as rectangle with a height and width.
What does convert to mesh body do in Solidworks?
After you convert the first body to a mesh BREP body with facets of a certain size, you could convert the second standard SOLIDWORKS BREP body to a mesh BREP body, and adjust the mesh refinement, so that the mesh size of the second converted body is close to the mesh size of the first.
How do I convert solid mesh to Solidworks?
Because the feature only creates surfaces, the recommended workflow is to trim the surfaces to form a solid. To create a surface from mesh feature: In Tools > Options > Import, under File Format, select STL/OBJ/OFF/PLY/PLY2 and click Import as Graphics Body. Then click OK.
How do you smooth a mesh in Solidworks?
Drag the slider to smooth the entire mesh. Use the selection tools to select the area on the mesh, then move the slider to smooth that area. Smooths and relaxes the boundary.
How do you simplify mesh in Solidworks?
To simplify the file:
- Set a value for Reduction amount (%) or for Target mesh size or point cloud size. …
- To simplify only a part of a mesh-based model, under Local Simplification, select a tool, select the area to simplify, and move the slider to adjust the simplification.
- Click .
How accurate is Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS Simulation results generally fall within 1 percent of industry benchmarks. SOLIDWORKS Simulation and SIMULIA SPE are certified by the DIN – Aerospace Standards Committee (NL) The SIMULIA Abaqus solver is distinguished as the best solver for technology and advanced mechanics.
How do you convert mesh to solid in Freecad?
To do this:
- Switch to the Part Workbench.
- Select the mesh, and go to the Part → Create shape from mesh or press the Part ShapeFromMesh button.
- Click OK in the dialog.
- Select the newly created shape.
- Go to Part → Convert to solid.
- Select the newly created solid.
- Go to Part → Refine shape or press the Part RefineShape button.
How do I convert a mesh file?
How to convert MESH files to OBJ online?
- Upload MESH-file. Click “Choose File” button to select a mesh file on your computer. MESH file size can be up to 100 Mb.
- Convert MESH to OBJ. Click “Convert” button to start conversion.
- Download your OBJ. When the conversion process is complete, you can download the OBJ file.
How do you convert mesh to solid Rhino?
Converting a Mesh to a Solid in Rhino
- Apply Mesh > Mesh Repair > Fill Holes to all component meshes.
- Apply Mesh > Mesh Repair > Unify Normals to all component meshes.
- Join all component meshes with Mesh > Mesh Boolean > Union.
- Enter “MeshtoNURB” at the command line to convert mesh to solid.