To list the external references on a part or feature, right-click the part or the feature or right-click the update holder , and click External References.
How do I create a external reference in SolidWorks?
An external reference is created when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.
How do I change a part reference in SolidWorks assembly?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or file name by using one of the following methods: Click a cell to change the name or path. Then, click a different cell.
How do you mate a part in a part in SolidWorks?
Simply hold down Ctrl and select the two entities you wish to mate. The supported mate types are all standard mates (Concentric, Coincident, Equal, etc), as well as some advanced mates (Profile Center, Symmetric and Width) and some mechanical mates (Cam and Slot).
How do I change an external reference in SolidWorks?
Update Path for External References
- Select an update holder in the tree to highlight the corresponding sketch in the graphics area.
- Right-click an update holder and click List External Refs to lock, unlock, or break the external references.
How do I move a SolidWorks file without breaking references?
Right click on a part of a SolidWorks part file and open the SolidWork context menu. Select rename or move from the SolidWorks context menu. Move the file or rename the file in the prompt which appears after selecting the option you want.
How do I change a reference in Solidworks?
To change file references in a drawing view:
- Click Replace Model. (Drawing toolbar) or Tools > Replace Model.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selected Views, select a drawing view.
- Under New Model, browse to select a part or an assembly file, and click Open.
- Double-part icon. …
- Click .
How do you fix a broken reference in Solidworks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
Where is mate in Solidworks?
To add a mate: Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert > Mate. In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate .
Can you import models into SolidWorks?
You can import 3D models in many file formats. To import models: … Click Project > Models > Import Model. On the Models tab of the Palette, click Add and click Import Model.
How do I import IGES into SolidWorks?
To open STEP, IGES, and ACIS files in SOLIDWORKS:
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, in Files of type, select the desired file format: STEP AP203/214/242 (*. …
- In the dialog box, browse to the desired file.
- Click Options.
- In the System Options dialog box, set options including: …
- Click OK.
Can you modify a step file in SolidWorks?
You can edit only features that were created from an ACIS, Autodesk Inventor, IGES, Parasolid, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, STEP, VDAFS, or VRML file.