Workbench has a global setting for temporary files which can be found by going to the Workbench menu Tools > Options. Click on Project Management. The location shown under “Default Folder for Temporary Files” can be edited to have files written to an alternate location.
How do I change my working directory in Ansys?
You need to use the ANSYS Product Launcher. In there you specify what the directory is you want to save the file in and then right below it you specify the name of the working directory. Use this launcher it makes life easier.
How do you save in Ansys Workbench?
To save your model, select Utility Menu Bar –> File -> Save As Jobname. db. Your model will be saved in a file called jobname. db, where jobname is the name that you specified in the Launcher when you first started ANSYS.
How do I restore Ansys?
Recalling or Resuming a Previously Saved Job
- In the ANSYS Launcher, select Interactive… and specify the previously defined jobname.
- Then when you get ANSYS started, select Utility Menu -> File -> Resume Jobname. db .
- This will restore as much of your database (geometry, loads, solution, etc) that you previously saved.
How can I see details in Ansys?
There are three ways to get it, not just the icon on the toolbar:
- Click the Icon.
- In the menu go to View>Windows>Selection Information.
- Double-click on the Selection details at the bottom of the ANSYS Mechanical Window.
What is Ansys Workbench?
In Geometry Interfaces, Ansys Workbench enables bidirectional communication with all major CAD systems, enabling efficient simulation-driven design decisions. From easy, automatic meshing to carefully crafted mesh, Ansys Meshing compresses the analysis process and helps ensure accurate solutions.
How do you hide the coordinate system in Ansys?
Please use “View -> Coordinate System” and select “Hide” option.
How do I update my student license in Ansys?
You can easily renew your license by downloading the most current license file from the ANSYS Student download page and modifying your ANSYSLMD_LICENSE_FILE variable to point to the new license file.
How do I activate Ansys student?
The best way to access ANSYS Student is from the start menu:
- Open the Start menu and select the 16.2 Workbench or All Programs option, then choose the ANSYS 16.2 folder and click Workbench 16.2.
- The ANSYS Student Workbench 16.2 home page will open. Now you can start using ANSYS Student!
How do I change the hostname in Ansys?
Change Ansys License Server
- Launch Ansys license utility by typing “anslic” into the Windows search bar. The utility must be launched as an Administrator. …
- Click “Specify the License Server Machine:
- Click on the current license server and select “Edit Selected Server Machine”:
- Enter the new license server info: