What is mesh in HFSS?
In HFSS, the adaptive mesh refinement process is enhanced by adapting the mesh at multiple frequencies simultaneously. Here, the mesh is solved at multiple frequencies, and the errors found in the mesh, at all solved frequencies, is used to refine the mesh.
What is solve inside HFSS?
All objects in HFSS have a check box for whether or not to “Solve Inside”. It is usually set by default except for object of high conductivity. For example when adding “Solve Inside” to a copper microstrip trace, a warning is issued “Solving inside a solid with high conductivity may require a large mesh”.
How do you make a plane in Ansys?
Create a new plane by selecting YZPlane from the Tree Outline and click on New Plane from the Active Plane/Sketch toolbar, near the top of the ANSYS Workbench window. Clicking YZPlane first ensures that the new plane is based on the YZPlane.
How can you tell the quality of mesh?
Here are four important parameters that must follow to generate a suitable mesh:
- Cell aspect ratio: The aspect ratio is the ratio of longest edge length to shortest edge length. …
- Skewness: It is one of the primary quality measures for a mesh. …
- Orthogonality : …
How do you know if mesh is good?
The most basic and accurate way to evaluate mesh quality is to refine the mesh until a critical result such as the maximum stress in a specific location converges: meaning that it doesn’t change significantly as the mesh is a refinement. Figure 1 shows an example for a 2-D bracket model.
How do I hide mesh in Abaqus?
Remove Mesh Lines in the Output Viewer
- In the menu bar, select Options.
- Choose Common in the drop-down menu.
- A Common Plot Options dialogue box appears. Click the Basic tab.
- In the options available for Visible edges, click Feature edges.
- Click Apply.