Click Save As (Standard toolbar) or File > Save As. Specifies a path to the folder where you want to save the document. Use the navigation pane (left pane) to browse to the location where you want to save your document. To hide the navigation pane, click Hide Folders.
What are SOLIDWORKS files saved as?
You can export SOLIDWORKS part, assembly, and drawing documents as Adobe® Portable Document Format (PDF) files and part and assembly documents as 3D PDF. You can save SOLIDWORKS files as *. png files.
Where do SOLIDWORKS files save?
Default File Locations
|File Type||Default Location|
|Costing templates||C:Program FilesSOLIDWORKS CorpSOLIDWORKSlangenglishCosting templates|
|Custom Property Files||C:ProgramDataSOLIDWORKSSOLIDWORKS version langenglish|
|Design Library||C:ProgramDataSOLIDWORKSSOLIDWORKS version Design Library|
What type of File is Solidworks?
SolidWorks is a CAD software developed by Dassault Systèmes. SolidWorks supported native or neutral formats are IGES, DXF, DWG, STEP, ACIS, STL, Parasolid, PDF, VDA.
How do you save a separate body in Solidworks?
Split and Save Bodies
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save.
How do I change the default save location in SOLIDWORKS?
Specifying a Default Save Folder
- Click Options or Tools > Options and select File Locations.
- Under Show folders for, select Default Save Folder from the list.
- Click Add to select a folder location.
- Click OK.
How do I browse missing files in SOLIDWORKS?
Resolving Missing Images During Rendering
When you render immediately, either by performing a preview or final render, you are prompted to locate missing files. Click Yes to browse for the file or a replacement. Click No to ignore the missing file.
Is there a free version of SOLIDWORKS?
Currently, there are two options available to try SOLIDWORKS for free. The first option is through MySolidWorks which offers an online product trial of the latest version of SOLIDWORKS Premium, all from within your browser. … These SOLIDWORKS trials can be created for 7, 15, or 30 days.
Can SOLIDWORKS open AutoCAD files?
You can also import a file in native format. … dwg file: In SOLIDWORKS, click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open . In the Open dialog box, set Files of type to Dxf or Dwg, browse to select a file, and click Open.
Does SOLIDWORKS use Parasolid?
The Parasolid translator imports Parasolid text files or binary files as SOLIDWORKS documents.
How do you move bodies in SolidWorks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.
How do you merge bodies in SolidWorks?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
Which command is used for saving the components designed in SolidWorks?
One of the easiest ways you can design faster is by using SOLIDWORKS keyboard shortcuts.
Most commonly used SOLIDWORKS keyboard shortcuts list.
|Ctrl + A||Makes new assembly from part or assembly|
|Ctrl + S||Save|