In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the Surfaces collection, right-click the surface and click Rebuild – Automatic. Note: A check mark is displayed next to the Rebuild – Automatic menu item when it is enabled. When changes are made to the surface, it is automatically rebuilt and updated.
How do you rebuild a surface in AutoCAD?
To Rebuild a NURBS Surface
- Click Surface tab Control Vertices panel Rebuild. Find.
- In the Rebuild Surface dialog box, select the desired rebuild options and click OK.
How do you edit a surface in Civil 3D?
To Edit a Surface by Moving Surface Points
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click , and click Move Point. …
- In the drawing area, click the point. …
- Click the new location in the drawing.
- Optionally, repeat steps 2 and 3 or press Enter to end the command.
How do you fill gaps in surface Civil 3D?
First try the following:
- Within the Civil 3D toolspace, click on the Prospector tab.
- Expand the Surfaces feature.
- Select the desired surface name and expand its features.
- Expand the Definition sub-feature.
- Right mouse click on Edits and use the Add line or Add Point tools to fill in the missing data.
How do you combine surfaces in Civil 3D?
Follow these steps:
- On the Civil 3D Toolspace, click on “Prospector” tab.
- Right click on “Surfaces” and create a new surface.
- Expand the “Definition” subfeature for that new surface and right click on “Edits”.
- Click “Paste Surface” and choose the original surface.
- Change the new surface style to show points.
How do you rebuild a surface?
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + L. If you need to, dismiss the lock screen.
- Hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- After your Surface restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.
How do you shutdown a surface in Civil 3D?
- Select the required surface.
- Select Surface Properties (from the ribbon, Prospector or right mouse button)
- Select the Information tab.
- Select the ‘Surface Style’ drop down.
- Select ‘_No Display’
Why is there a hole in my surface Civil 3D?
Sometimes holes are created as the result of an error in editing. (Deleting interior triangle lines is a common cause.) Likewise, holes can be introduced when multiple surfaces having non-matching boundaries are pasted together. A surface hole represents a “void” in the data.
How do you close a gap in Autocad?
Start the PEDIT command and at the first prompt, choose the Multiple option and select both objects. Then use the Join option. At the Enter fuzz distance or [Jointype] : prompt, enter a number larger than the gap to close it, and end the command. Use the Jointype suboption to specify how the gap is closed.
How do you merge surfaces?
Combine several surfaces into one new surface
- Click the Combine Surfaces icon, or choose Surfaces > Combine Surfaces from the tool palette.
- Pick the surfaces you want to combine. …
- When you have picked all the surfaces you want to combine and the boundary is green, click Go.
How do you create a grading plan in Civil 3D?
Exercise 3: Creating a Grading
- Click Home tab Create Design panel Grading drop-down Grading Creation Tools Find.
- In the Grading Creation Tools toolbar, click Set The Grading Group.
- In the Create Grading Group dialog box, specify the following parameters: …
- Click OK.
- In the Create Surface dialog box, click OK.