Click Annotate tab Dimension panel, and select a dimension type. On the Options Bar, select the desired dimension options. Place the dimensions between reference planes, or on reference lines. To constrain the distance of the dimension, select the dimension if it is not selected, and click the lock symbol.
How do I create a dimension line in Revit?
Add a linear dimension to a drawing to measure between 2 points.
- Click Annotate tab Dimension panel (Linear).
- Place the cursor at a reference point on an element, such as a wall or a line, or at the intersection of references, such as a join between 2 walls. …
- Click to specify the reference.
How do you change the dimension of a linetype in Revit?
On the Annotate ribbon, expand the Dimension panel, and click Linear Dimension Types again. Under Text, you can control the appearance of the dimension text. You can set a Width Factor, control various formatting options, control the text size and offset from the dimension line, choose the text font, and so on.
What is the Revit family file format?
The Revit Family File is stored in the RFA format and is affixed with the RFA extension, and is used by Revit. These RFA files are generally classified as data files that contain one or more 3D models that can be imported into a three dimensional scene and were created and saved using the Revit Family Editor.
How do you dimension a floor plan in Revit?
Open project GSG_11_dimensions. rvt. Verify that the 01 – Store Floor floor plan is open. Click Annotate tab Dimension panel (Aligned).
- Click the exterior face of the west wall.
- Click the exterior face of the east wall.
- Move the cursor above the building, and click to place the dimension.
What is RFT file in Revit?
RFA (family) files and RFT (family template) files are family files that can either be loaded into a project or saved externally. Family template files are used to start a new family from scratch and family files are typically used to exchange families between projects.
What are the file types in Revit Architecture?
Revit supports a wide range of industry standards and file formats, including:
- Revit native formats: RVT, RFA, RTE, RFT.
- CAD formats: DGN, DWF, DWG, DXF, IFC, SAT, and SKP.
- Image formats: BMP, PNG, JPG, JPEG, and TIF.
- Other formats: ODBC, HTML, TXT, and gbXML.
Can you convert Revit to AutoCAD?
Just in case you need to convert a 3D Revit model to 3D AutoCAD, here ya go. It is very simple but remember to click one button to make sure you work with ACAD solids… With the Revit model open, Click the Application Menu (“Big R”) > “Export” > “CAD Formats” > Select “DWG“.