How do you use void form?
To create a void form, use the pull down-menu on the Void Forms button, and then select the type of void form to create. Once the void form is created, if it intersects an existing solid, the portion of the void that intersects the solid will be removed from the solid form.
How do you void a wall in Revit?
- Edit the in place wall.
- Create a new void extrusion that will define the opening.
- Use the “Cut” tool and select the void geometry.
- Finish the solid edition.
How do you create a void sweep in Revit?
To create a void swept blend, click Void Forms drop-down (Void Swept Blend).
To load a profile:
- Click Modify | Swept Blend tab Swept Blend panel, and select a profile from the Profile drop-down. …
- Zoom in to see the profile.
- Use the X, Y, Angle, and Flip options to adjust the position of the profile. …
- Click Apply.
What is void form used for?
VoidForm International Cardboard Void forms are used in the construction of cast-in-place concrete where expansive soils are present. Void forms provide temporary support for cast-in-place floors, beams and walls until the concrete can support itself on the drilled piles or caissons.
What is void foam?
Great White Foam expanded polystyrene (EPS) solid void form is available in strips and sheets. Solid void form is used to protect the structure from damage due to uplift forces from frost or soil swelling. Solid void for can be used beneath grade beams, slabs, pile caps, and other applications.
How do you make a niche in wall in Revit?
Use Cut Geometry to embed one wall within the other.
- On the warning message, click OK.
- On the Toolbar, select the Cut Geometry option. Select the host wall (in this case, the thicker and longer wall), and then select the shorter wall.
- Edit the profile of the thinner wall to create the niche shape that you want.
Where is extrusion in Revit 2021?
Click Modify | Create Extrusion tab Mode panel (Finish Edit Mode). Revit completes the extrusion and returns you to the view in which you started the extrusion. To view the extrusion, open a 3D view. To resize the extrusion in the 3D view, select it and use grips to edit it.
How do you extrude walls in Revit?
Create an Extrusion
- In the Family Editor, on the Create tab Forms panel, do one of the following: …
- Use the sketching tools to sketch the extrusion profile: …
- On the Properties palette, specify the extrusion properties: …
- Click Modify | Create Extrusion tab Mode panel (Finish Edit Mode). …
- To view the extrusion, open a 3D view.