Copy the detail lines in the Project (Ctrl + C) Paste them into the Profile family (Ctrl + V)
How do you copy a detail in Revit?
To copy the model geometry from an existing view into a new view, right-click the existing view in the Project Browser, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. If you right-click, and click Duplicate View Duplicate with Detailing, both the model geometry and the detail geometry are copied into the new view.
How do you show detail lines in Revit?
Draw Detail Lines
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel (Detail Line).
- Sketch lines as appropriate.
How do you copy a plan view in Revit?
If you are just trying to get a 2nd floor plan of the same floor in the same project you can do that by right clicking the plan in the project browser. Then choose “Duplicate” or “Duplicate with Detailing”. Duplicate takes the exact floor plan and strips off all view specific (detail and annotation) elements.
Can you convert detail lines to model lines in Revit?
Use the Convert Lines tool to change a line to a model line, a detail line, or a symbolic line. When you import a file and explode it in Revit, the import lines are converted to model lines. Model lines are visible in all views of the model.
What does duplicate as dependent mean in Revit?
Duplicate as a Dependent creates a copy of the view and links it to the original (parent) view, as shown in the Project Browser below. View-specific changes made to the overall view, such as changing the Scale, are also reflected in the dependent (child) views and vice-versa.
What is a detail line?
Detail lines are drawn in the view’s sketch plane. They can be used to detail a view with part of the model visible, such as in a wall section or callout. Or detail lines can be used in a drafting view to draft lines with no reference to the model.
How do I turn off detail lines in Revit?
Click the Linework tool on the Tools toolbar. In the Type Selector, select
How do you create a central model in Revit?
Create a Central Model from an Existing Workshared Model
- Open the existing workshared file.
- Click File tab Save As (Project).
- In the Save As dialog, rename the file, and click Options.
- In the File Save Options dialog, select Make this a Central Model after save.
- Select a default workset for local copies.
How do you join lines in Revit?
To Join Polylines, Splines, Lines, and Arcs Into a Single…
- Click Home tab Modify panel Edit Polyline. Find.
- Select a polyline, spline, line, or arc to edit. …
- Enter j (Join).
- Select one or more polylines, splines, lines, or arcs that are located end to end.
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do you make a 3D line in Revit?
Use the Model Line tool to add a 3D line to the design.
- Click (Model Line). …
- Click Modify | Place Lines tab Draw panel, and select a sketching option or Pick Lines to create lines by selecting lines or walls within the model.