What does the Convert Entities sketch tool do?
The Convert Entities tool allows users to make a copied projection of a given sketch, face, or set of edges onto the active sketch plane. These sketch entities will update their size and/or positioning if either of these characteristics changes in the source sketch.
What is convert entities and where is used?
Convert Entities and Offset Entities are two powerful tools you can use when editing a sketch in SOLIDWORKS. Let’s begin with the Convert Entities tool. Whenever we need to make a sketch entity that matches other geometry of our model we can use the Convert Entities tool.
What is the use of trim entities?
Trims open sketch entities that lie inside two bounding entities. Trims open sketch entities outside of two bounding entities. You can use the Trim PropertyManager to select a trim type and control other trimming options.
Can I copy and paste in Solidworks?
You can copy an entire sketch and paste it on a face in the current part, or you can paste it into a different sketch, or into a part, assembly, or drawing document. … Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C. Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch. Click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.
How do you copy a Solidworks file?
Select the parent file and click Tools > Copy Tree . A dialog box appears to let you specify how the copy is performed. For a description of the options in the dialog box, see Copy Tree Dialog Box. Select whether the files should be copied to a folder or a compressed archive.
How do you move extrusion in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body:
- Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . …
- Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
Why do we convert entities in Solidworks?
The SOLIDWORKS Convert Entities tool is both useful and powerful in that it will project edges of a face onto the active sketch whether or not the face is parallel to the active sketch. These edges will always be projected as seen when looking normal to the sketch.
How do you mirror entities in Solidworks?
To mirror sketch entities as you sketch them:
- Select a line or a model edge in an open sketch.
- Click Dynamic Mirror Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Dynamic Mirror . …
- Create the sketch entities that you want to mirror. …
- To turn mirroring off, click Dynamic Mirror Entities.
How do you power trim in Solidworks?
To trim with the Power trim option:
- Right-click the sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Click Trim Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Options, select Power trim .
- Click in the graphics area next to the first entity, and drag across the sketch entity to trim.
How do you use an intersection curve in Solidworks?
on the Sketch toolbar, or Tools > Sketch Tools > Intersection Curve. before selecting a plane). Select the intersecting items: Select a plane that intersects a face of the part.
How do you add an edge relationship in Solidworks?
(Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Relations > Add to create geometric relations (such as tangent or perpendicular) between sketch entities, or between sketch entities and planes, axes, edges, or vertices. You can choose whether geometric relations are automatically created as you create sketch entities.