How do you add materials to a Bill of Materials?
Applies to Excel-based Bills of Materials. You can add more information such as Material, Vendor_Number, Cost, and so on to the open part or subassembly document by clicking File > Properties and selecting the Custom tab or the Configurations specific tab.
How do I add a column to a Bill of Materials in Solidworks?
To add custom columns to the bill of materials:
- Open the BOM template file. …
- Insert a new column where you want the information to appear. …
- Enter the column heading for the property you want to display in that column, and press Enter. …
- Click the cell to select it.
How do you customize Bill of Materials in Solidworks?
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. While the bill of materials is active, it is displayed with row and column headers. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions. You can perform these kinds of edits: …
- Click outside the worksheet to return to the drawing.
How is BOM calculated?
When a manufacturing order is created, the BOM is multiplied by the order quantity to calculate the total material requirements. The bill of materials usually consists of several parts, and it could also include other consumables that don’t make up the product (e.g. gloves, water, fasteners, etc.).
How do you create a BOM template in Solidworks?
Insert (Menu) > Tables > Bill of Materials. Click the “Favorites” button beside the default BOM Template name. Browse and select the desired BOM Template from the directory.
How do you exclude in Bom solidworks?
To exclude assembly components from a Bill of Materials:
- In the assembly document, right-click the component and click Component Properties .
- In the Component Properties dialog box, select Exclude from bill of materials, then click OK. You can dissolve subassemblies and combine like components in BOMs.
How do you make an exploded assembly in Solidworks?
Creating Exploded Views (Assemblies)
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
What is Bill of Materials solidworks?
You can create one or more Bills of Materials (BOMs) directly from an assembly or part without first creating a drawing. Use parts only BOMs when the assembly consists of only part components, or to display only parts. The resulting parts are ordered according to their listing in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do I create a custom table in Solidworks?
In a drawing, click General Table (Table toolbar) or Insert > Tables > General Table. Specify the properties described below, then click . Double-click a cell and type text. You can also insert symbols and custom properties.