What does the Fillet feature do?
What does the Fillet feature do? Fillet rounds edges at a specified radius.
How do you fillet between surfaces in Solidworks?
To create a face fillet between surfaces:
- Create two surfaces (the surfaces need not be adjacent).
- Click Fillet (Features toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Fillet/Round.
- In the PropertyManager, under Fillet Type, select Face fillet.
- Under Items To Fillet, set a Radius value.
How do you fillet a 3D object in Solidworks?
To fillet edges of 3D solids:
- Click Solids > Solid Editing > Fillet edges (or type FilletEdges).
- Specify the Radius option.
- Specify the radius of the fillet arc.
- Specify the edges of 3D solids and press Enter. The software fillets the edges by the specified radius.
How do you flip a fillet in Solidworks?
You can reverse the orientation of the fillet on one or more edges that intersect the vertex. Click the multi-edge control point to select which edges you want to reverse the orientation for. Sets the radius for one fillet direction. Sets the radius for the other fillet direction.
How do you create a face in Solidworks?
To sketch on model faces:
- Select the planar model face on which you want to sketch.
- Click a sketch tool on the Sketch toolbar, click Sketch. , or click Insert > Sketch . …
- To sketch on a different face, exit the current sketch, select the new face, and open a new sketch.
Where is fillet in Solidworks?
To create a fillet: Click Fillet (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Fillet/Round.
How do you chamfer in Solidworks?
To create a chamfer: Click Chamfer (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Chamfer. Under Chamfer Parameters, select an item and set parameters. Some fields that accept numeric input allow you to create an equation by entering = (equal sign) and selecting global variables, functions, and file properties from a list.
Can you fillet a surface?
Fillet the edges of a surface body. Make multiple radius surface fillets. Make fillets between two surfaces, or face fillets.
|Constant radius surface fillet with Full preview||Constant radius surface fillet applied|
|Multiple radius surface fillet with Partial preview||Multiple radius surface fillet applied|
What does the fillet feature do in Solidworks?
Fillet/Round creates a rounded internal or external face on the part. You can fillet all edges of a face, selected sets of faces, selected edges, or edge loops.
How do I make curved edges in Solidworks?
Creating a Corner Trim
- Select edges for Corner edges .
- Click Collect all corners.
- Select a value for Relief Type.
- Select or clear Centered on bend lines.
- Set a value for Radius or Side length.
- Select Ratio to thickness to set a value.
- Select Tangent to bend.
- Select Add filleted corners to set a value for Radius .