How do I change the default Units in Solidworks 2021?
Setting Default Units
- Click Simulation > Options.
- On the Default Options tab, select Units.
- Under Unit system, select a unit system. …
- Under Units, select specific units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.
How do I change from Solidworks to inches in metric?
Changing the Units in the Default Options
There is only one way to get to the SOLIDWORKS Simulation Default Options; click Simulation>Options>Default Options>Units. From here choose between the SI, English, and Metric unit types.
How do I change dimension Units in Solidworks?
In the application, you can change these settings for individual documents and for your document templates.
- Unit system for individual documents, go to Tools > Options > Document Properties > Units.
- Dimension standard for individual documents, go to Tools > Options > Document Properties > Detailing.
How do I change dimensions in SolidWorks 2019?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel, mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
Where are SOLIDWORKS tools?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars: Right-click in the window border, click Toolbars, and select or clear a toolbar name. Click Tools > Customize.
What is the object called in SOLIDWORKS?
A single 3D object made up of features. A part can become a component in an assembly, and it can be represented in 2D in a drawing. Examples of parts are bolt, pin, plate, and so on. The extension for a SOLIDWORKS part file name is .
What is the default unit of dimension?
Speed, for example, is defined as the distance traveled in unit time. It therefore has the dimension LT−1 and is measured in meters per second (m s−1).
1.2. 3 Units of Other Physical Quantities.
|Length||L||Meter (m) or feet (ft)|
|Mass||M||Kilogram (kg) or slug or pound-mass (lbm)|