How do I open a 3D object in SolidWorks?
To import mesh files:
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, in Files of type, select Mesh Files (*. stl, *. obj;*. off;*. …
- Browse to a file to open.
- Click Options.
- In the dialog box, set Import as to one of the following and click OK. Graphics Body. Solid Body. …
- Click Open. The file is imported.
How do I import an OBJ file into SolidWorks?
To import an STL or OBJ file:
- Create a new Part file.
- From the Power Surfacing menu (under Tools in SOLIDWORKS 2015), select Import Scanned/Reference Mesh.
- Select either an OBJ or an STL file.
- Select the units for the imported file.
Can you import models into SolidWorks?
You can import 3D models in many file formats. To import models: … Click Project > Models > Import Model. On the Models tab of the Palette, click Add and click Import Model.
How do you import a 3D object?
How to import a 3D object into your project. In the Library view, right-click on the 3D Models library folder, then select Import Files.
What type of files can SolidWorks open?
SolidWorks supported native or neutral formats are IGES, DXF, DWG, STEP, ACIS, STL, Parasolid, PDF, VDA.
Can SolidWorks open FBX files?
The . FBX importer supports geometry animation that you can import, play back, and output. If you import an . FBX file that contains an animation, the animation appears in the timeline, where you can play it and render it using the animated cameras imported from the source .