How do I go back to a regular view in Solidworks?
To display a model in Normal To view:
- In the model, select one of the following: Plane or planar face. Cylindrical or conical face. Any feature created with a single sketch.
- Click Normal To (View Orientation flyout – Heads-up View toolbar). If you click Normal To again, the model flips 180°.
How do you exit a 3d sketch in Solidworks?
To exit a sketch, do one of the following:
- Click Rebuild (Standard toolbar) or click Edit > Rebuild.
- Click Exit Sketch on the Sketch toolbar.
- Click Insert > Exit Sketch.
- Right-click and select Exit Sketch .
- Click Exit Sketch or Cancel in the Confirmation Corner.
- Click Edit > Exit Sketch without Saving Changes.
How do I edit a sketch in Solidworks?
To edit a sketch:
- Right-click one of the following: The sketch in the FeatureManager design tree. A feature built from the sketch, either in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree. …
- Select Edit Sketch .
- To close the sketch when you are finished editing, right-click in the sketch and select Exit Sketch.
How do I show a sketch in Solidworks?
To show a sketch in a drawing: Right-click the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show. The sketch entities highlight in the graphics area when you point over the sketch name in the FeatureManager design tree.
What is the quickest way to return to the default view solidworks?
To restore a view to its original rotation: Right-click the view and select Alignment > Default Rotation.
How do you reset isometric view in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Customize and select or clear Use Large Tooltips to enable or disable the view previews. flyout button in the Orientation dialog box to select axonometric (isometric, dimetric, or trimetric) views and to set which type of axonometric view is displayed when you select a View Selector corner.
How do I close solidworks?
Click Close (Standard toolbar) or File > Close. To close all documents open in the current SOLIDWORKS session, click Window > Close All. You can also close documents from the Open Documents list (Window menu or Open Documents browser).
Which of the following signify that a sketch is fully defined?
Which of the following signify that a sketch is fully defined? All lines are black. If you select a face to draw a sketch, the sketch entities cannot extend beyond the edges of that face.
Which icon would you click to activate the Smart Dimension tool and add dimensions to a sketch?
To add dimensions, select the Smart Dimension command from the CommandManager, just next to the Sketch icon.
How do we create a profile in Solidworks?
To create a weldment profile:
- Open a new part.
- Sketch a profile. Keep in mind that when you create a weldment structural member using the profile: …
- Close the sketch.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select Sketch1.
- Click File > Save As.
- In the dialog box:
How do you hide all sketch lines in Solidworks?
Hide All Types does not hide decals, sketch relations, or the grid. To hide all types in the current document: Click View > Hide/Show > Hide All Types. After you select Hide All Types, you cannot show any hidden items until you clear Hide All Types.
How do you hide points in Solidworks sketch?
Click one of the following:
- Hide/Show Items > View Points.
- View Points (View toolbar)
- View > Hide/Show > Points.
How do you hide lines in Solidworks drawing?
To hide or show edges in a drawing:
- Click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the edges to hide (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click . …
- To show edges, click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the hidden edges highlighted in orange, (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click .