You can confirm or change the location in SOLIDWORKS by going to Tools > Options > System Options > File Locations > Weldment Profiles. Best practice is to copy the weldment profiles folder outside of the installation directory and then point to that location.
How do I turn on weldments in Solidworks?
Click Structural Member (Weldments toolbar) or Insert > Weldments > Structural Member . Make selections in the PropertyManager to define the profile for the structural member. In the graphics area, select sketch segments to define the path for the structural member.
How do you add weldments in Solidworks 2018?
Weldments – Creating a Custom Profile
- In Save in, browse to install_dir lang language weldment profiles and select or create appropriate
and subfolders. See Weldments – File Location for Custom Profiles.
- In Save as type, select Lib Feat Part (*. sldlfp).
- Type a name for Filename.
- Click Save.
How do you download weldments in Solidworks?
To download the files, simply start SOLIDWORKS, launch the Design Library, then click on SOLIDWORKS Content > Weldments.
How do I get more structural members in Solidworks?
Adding Structural Members
- Create a sketch. …
- Click Structural Member (Weldments toolbar) or Insert > Weldments > Structural Member .
- Make selections in the PropertyManager to define the profile for the structural member.
- In the graphics area, select sketch segments to define the path for the structural member.
Where is command manager in Solidworks?
To access the CommandManager:
- Click Tools > Customize.
- On the Toolbars tab, select Enable CommandManager.
- Click OK.
How do you make a 3D sketch in Solidworks?
To create a 3D sketch, click 3D Sketch (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > 3DSketch . You can create 3D sketch entities on a working plane, or at any arbitrary point in 3D space. In 3D sketching, a graphical space handle helps maintain your orientation while you sketch on several planes.
How do you use sheet metal in Solidworks?
To convert a solid part to a sheet metal part:
- Create the solid part.
- Click Convert to Sheet Metal (Sheet Metal toolbar) or Insert > Sheet Metal > Convert To Sheet Metal .
- In the PropertyManager, under Sheet Metal Gauges, set options if you want to use a gauge table: …
- Under Sheet Metal Parameters:
Where is the Design library in SolidWorks?
The Design Library folder is located on the disk in install_directoryDocuments and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataSOLIDWORKSSOLIDWORKS_versiondesign library.