Gear mates force two components to rotate relative to one another about selected axes. Valid selections for the axis of rotation for gear mates include cylindrical and conical faces, axes, and linear edges. Also: You can mate any two components that you want to rotate relative to one another.
How do you use gears in Solidworks?
To include GB standard gears in Toolbox:
- From the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Tools > Toolbox Settings.
- From the Configure Hardware page, click GB, Power Transmission, and then click Gears.
- Select the required GB gears and clear the unnecessary ones.
- Close Toolbox Settings.
What is the pitch of a gear?
The pitch of a gear is defined as the distance between two identical points on two adjacent gear teeth.
What is the diametral pitch of a gear?
The diametral pitch of a gear is the number of teeth in the gear for each inch of pitch diameter. Therefore, the diametral pitch determines the size of the gear tooth.
How do you make a helical gear?
Design Procedure for Helical Gear
- Calculation of gear ratio (i): …
- Selection of material. …
- If not given, assume gear life (say 20000 hrs)
- Calculation of initial design torque: …
- Calculation of Eeq, [ϭb] and [ϭc]: …
- Calculation if centre distance (a):
- Select number of teeth on gear and pinion: …
- Calculation of module:
What is the gear ratio formula?
The gear ratio is calculated by dividing the output speed by the input speed (i= Ws/ We) or by dividing the number of teeth of the driving gear by the number of teeth of the driven gear (i= Ze/ Zs).
What is the formula for diametral pitch?
|Pitch Diameter (D)||Number of teeth (N), the Normal Diametral Pitch and the Helix Angle (A)||D = N / (Pn X cos A)|
|Outside Diameter (OD)||Pitch Diameter (D) and the Addendum (a)||OD = D + (2 X a)|
|Outside Diameter (OD)||Normal Diametral Pitch (P) and the Pitch Diameter (D)||OD = D + 2/Pn|
How do you use CAD gears?
Here is the Tutorial.
- Start AutoCAD.
- Make 2 circles.
- Make the profile of the gear tooth spaces.
- Trim the circles side ways.
- Now enter “bo” command. It will show the boundary creation dialogue. …
- Click inside the region and then press enter.
- Now we have the polyline created. …
- Make a circle of 50mm radius.