How do I edit viewport in Draftsight?
To clip a Viewport on a Sheet by pointing to a polygonal shape:
- Activate a Sheet tab.
- Click Modify > Clip > Viewport (or type ClipViewport).
- Select the Viewport to clip. …
- Specify the Polygonal option.
- Select the first point of the irregular shape.
- Continue to select points to define the boundary or specify an option:
How do you move a drawing into a viewport?
To Move a Scale Area or a Viewport (AutoCAD Mechanical)
- Double-click the viewport or scale area border (1).
- In model space the Scale Area dialog box appears, in layout the View dialog box appears: Under border, click Move<. Choose OK.
- Select the target position for the viewport (2).
- Choose OK.
How do you use sheets in Draftsight?
Creating and Managing Sheets
- Click File > Sheet > Sheet from Template (or type Sheet and specify the Template option).
- In the Select template from file dialog box, select a *. …
- In the Sheet List dialog box, select a Sheet name and click OK.
- The Sheet and all entities from the specified file are inserted in the drawing.
How do you set drawing boundaries in Draftsight?
To set drawing boundaries:
- Click Format > Drawing Boundary (or type DrawingBounds).
- Specify a point representing the lower left corner of the graphics area.
- Specify a point representing the upper right corner of the graphics area.
How do you get out of a viewport in paper space?
If your stuck in the viewport then you should be able to do as above and type PS then hit enter to get out of it. just for the record Control+R will jump from viewport to viewport.
How do I change the viewport size in Draftsight?
Using the Properties palette . . .
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
How do you pan in a viewport?
You can click within a viewport to make it the current one, and you can then pan and zoom the view displayed in it.
Pan and Zoom With a Touch Pad
- Zoom in. Slide thumb and index finger apart.
- Zoom out. Pinch thumb and index finger together.
- Pan. Swipe with two fingers in the direction that you want to pan the view.
How do you unlock a viewport?
How do you unlock a viewport in AutoCAD 2018? Type mv (enter) 2. Type lock (enter) and choose ON 3. Select viewport to locking To unlock viewport 1.
How do you move viewport in AutoCAD?
To move the layout viewport, click the move grip at the center of the viewport and click a new location. Alternatively, you can use the Move command. To change the display scale, click the triangular scale grip near the center of the layout viewport.
How do I print a drawing in Draftsight?
To set up Print Configurations:
- In the Print Configuration dialog box, under Printer/plotter: …
- Under Range, set the area to print. …
- Under Scale, set the output scale. …
- Under Offset, select Print on center of paper to adjust the output with equal margins at the top, bottom, left, and right. …
- Optionally, use the following:
How do I change the scale in Draftsight?
- Click Modify > Scale (or type Scale).
- In the graphics area, select entities to scale.
- Press Enter.
- Specify the base point. …
- Enter the scale factor or specify the Reference option to enter a reference length and a new length.