How do I change a line to an arc in Solidworks?
To autotransition between line and arc:
- Click Line (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools, Sketch Entities, Line and sketch a line.
- Click the endpoint of the line, then move the pointer away. …
- Move the pointer back to the endpoint, then away again. …
- Click to place the arc.
- Move the pointer away from the arc endpoint.
What is the tangent of an arc?
a right line, as ta, touching the arc of a circle at one extremity a, and terminated by a line ct, passing from the center through the other extremity o. See also: Tangent.
How do I change a line to an arc?
Convert a Line Segment to an Arc Segment
- Select the polyline to display its grips.
- Hover over the grip in the middle of the line segment you want to convert.
- Click Convert to Arc.
- Specify the arc midpoint.
How do you hide lines in Solidworks drawing?
To hide or show edges in a drawing:
- Click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the edges to hide (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click . …
- To show edges, click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the hidden edges highlighted in orange, (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click .
Do tangent lines make right angles?
Tangent to a Circle Theorem
A tangent line is always at a right angle to the radius of the circle at the point of tangency. A tangent line and a __________________________ meet at a right angle.