How do you copy an object in Revit?
Do one of the following:
- Select the elements to copy, and then click Modify |
tab Modify panel (Copy).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Copy), select the elements to copy, and then press Enter .
How do you copy and paste a building in Revit?
Go to the file you want to copy from, highlight the objects to copy and type “Ctrl-C” (that is, hold down the Ctrl key and type “C”). Then open the file you want to paste that element into and type “Ctrl-V.”
Can you copy with base point in Revit?
You can’t copy with base point but you can paste aligned to current view.
Can you have two Revit files open at once?
Try to open the different revit project files inside the same revit session (CTR + O). You should be able to get all in the same revit session.
How do I export a group in Revit?
- Click Save As Library (Group).
- By default, the File name text box displays “Same as group name”. …
- If your project has multiple groups, select the appropriate group from the Group to Save drop-down.
- Specify whether to Include attached detail groups as views.
- Click Save.
How do you select old in Revit?
Revit has also a way to select the previous selected object. I found it through HOK BIM Solutions (well actually through Google) and it is as simple as pressin Ctrl + Left Arrow. It saves loads of time, specially with complicated models where finding an object amongst a “jungle” of objects might take a while.
What is copy with base point?
The Copy with Base Point command allows the user to copy an object to the clipboard. This can then be used later in the same drawing, an existing drawing, or a new drawing. … Select the objects you wish to copy, and then right-click or press the Enter key to apply. Next you are prompted to select a base point.
How do I copy text from AutoCAD to Revit?
- To Copy Text cleanly from Microsoft Word into AutoCAD or Revit:
- Step One: Highlight the text in Word & COPY to Clipboard (CNTRL+C)
- Step Two: In either AutoCAD or Revit begin the TEXT command.
- Step Three: Click out in the drawing area to begin the text box.
- Step Four: Paste the text into the text box (CNTRL+V)
How do you copy from one point to another?
How to copy and paste text from one place to another
- Place your mouse cursor at the beginning of the text you wish to copy. …
- Hold down the left mouse button and move your cursor to the end of the text you wish to copy. …
- On your keyboard, hold down the Ctrl key and while you are holding it down press the C key.