It is very easy to edit STL files and also has a built-in slicer tool. This means you can send the edited model directly to your 3D printer to print it. If you want to learn how to prepare, repair or check your object for 3D printing with MeshMixer, visit this tutorial.
What software can edit STL files?
7 of the best free STL file editors
- MeshLab. MeshLab is a very complete free and open source program to edit your STL files. …
- SketchUp. SketchUp, which used to be called Google SketchUp, is a 3D modeling software that now belongs to the architectural company Trimble Buildings. …
- SculptGL. SculptGL is a free 3D sculpting tool.
Can you edit an STL file in Solidworks?
Using SOLIDWORKS 2020, you can now directly add or remove features just as you would on a solid body model. … In this article, we go over how to remove the slot feature from a bracket model and re-export the file as a mesh STL.
Can you edit STL files in Fusion 360?
To edit the model using the Mesh workspace, right-click on the name of the mesh body in the left-hand menu and hit “Edit”. This can also be done by right-clicking at the yellow mesh icon located in the design history timeline.
Can Maya open STL files?
Maya does not export . stl files so we will use either Rhino or 3DS Max.
How do I merge STL files?
Use Blender to import and position all of your stl files.
- Group select all of the objects (so that they are highlighted).
- Use Object -> Join to make all of the individual items one object. …
- Making sure the object is highlighted, use File -> Export -> Stl.
Can AutoCAD open STL files?
While some CAD programs are able to import STL files, AutoCAD users will know that it isn’t possible with this software. DWG is the native file format of AutoCAD that can store both 2D and 3D data. It’s highly compatible with other CAD software, making it one of the most commonly used formats around.
What programs can open STL files?
Programs that open STL files
- Microsoft 3D Viewer.
- Microsoft Print 3D.
- IMSI TurboCAD Pro.
- GOM Inspect.
- ideaMK STL Viewer.
- Parametric Technology Creo.
- Dassault Systemes CATIA.
How do I edit a .mesh file?
You can’t edit mesh files. You need to create your models like everyone does in modelers like 3D Studio Max, Maya, Blender, Milkshape3D, Google SketchUp and etc, then use the available exporters to export the model to the Ogre .
How do I convert a STL file to Step?
How to Convert STL to STEP
- Step 1: Download a Conversion Tool. …
- Step 2: Import Your STL File. …
- Step 3: Repair the Mesh. …
- Step 4: Convert Your Mesh to a Shape. …
- Step 5: Convert the Shape to a Solid. …
- Step 6: Export Your Solid to a STEP File.