Causes: The drawing objects are set to use annotative scaling. … If the drawing-specific variable ANNOALLVISIBLE is set to a value of 0, annotative text or dimension objects are only visible if they support the selected (new) scale of the viewport.
Why does text disappear in AutoCAD?
Reset custom settings
Reset AutoCAD to defaults (see How to reset AutoCAD to defaults). Note: The dialog that warns about missing fonts can be turned off. Check Hidden Messages Settings to be sure it is enabled (see How to enable dialog and message prompts that are not displayed anymore in AutoCAD).
How do I find missing text in AutoCAD?
Install missing fonts
- On the command line in AutoCAD, enter STYLE.
- Look through the text styles to see which fonts are missing.
- Install the missing fonts, either copied from another computer or downloaded again from the original source (see How to install a font for AutoCAD).
How do you make text visible in AutoCAD?
Right-click in the drawing area, and choose Options. In the Options dialog box, Display tab, under Display Performance, click or clear Show Text Boundary Frame Only, and click OK.
Why are my lines disappearing in CAD?
Turn off High Quality Geometry and/or Smooth Line Display. For AutoCAD 2020 and newer, change to Basic Mode. Test turning off hardware acceleration to see if the issue can be resolved but still maintain acceptable drawing performance. Test running off different 3D Display Settings.
How do I fix mtext in AutoCAD?
- Double-click on the Mtext and apply the correct formatting using the Text editor.
- Manually remove formatting. Double-click on the Mtext. …
- Use the EXPLODE command to explode Mtext objects to basic text objects. The formatting overrides will be lost.
- Make sure all needed fonts are install.
What is SHX?
The SHX file extension was developed by Autodesk and is listed under the AutoCAD Compiled Shape File type and categorized as a CAD file. Files created by the AutoCAD software in 2D and 3D engineering and design application are compiled shape files. … The SHX extension files can be compiled as . PFB font files and .
How do I find missing SHX files in AutoCAD?
Open Windows Explorer, browse to the folder, and verify that the SHX font is in that folder.
- If the font is not present: Place a copy of it in the folder. Close and reopen AutoCAD.
- If the font is present: Right-click the folder in Windows Explorer. Select Properties. Check if the folder is set to Read-Only.
How does annotative text work in AutoCAD?
Insert text or dimension. In the Properties palette, change the Annotative setting to Yes. Click the “…” next to the current scale to open the Annotative Object Scale dialog. Add necessary scales, then click OK.
How do I unhide objects in Autocad?
- Go the yellow light bulb at the bottom of the view window to “Reveal Hidden Elements”
- Select Hidden Element(s)
- Right Click then.
- Select Unhide Element.