How do you simplify a large assembly in SolidWorks?
To simplify assemblies: Toggle the visibility of the components. Create SpeedPak configurations.
Reasons to simplify a large assembly include:
- Improve performance and reduce rebuild times.
- Improve display speed during dynamic view operations (zoom, pan, rotate, and so on).
- Focus your work on a subset of components.
How do you simplify very large and complex assembly to improve performance?
10 Easy Ways to Improve Large Assembly Performance
- Create Nested Subassemblies. As much as possible, break your design into smaller subassemblies and work on these subassemblies individually. …
- Utilize Configurations. …
- Pattern Bodies – Not Features. …
- Mate to Primary Planes.
How do I get out of large assembly mode in SolidWorks?
To turn Large Assembly Settings on or off: Click Large Assembly Settings (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Large Assembly Settings.
What does large assembly mode do in Solidworks?
Large Assembly Mode is a collection of system settings that improves the performance of assemblies. You can turn on Large Assembly Mode at any time. You can also set a threshold for the number of components to automatically open the assembly in Large Assembly Mode when that threshold is reached.
How do you use Defeature in Solidworks?
To use the Defeature tool:
- Click Defeature (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Defeature. The PropertyManager has multiple pages. …
- Specify options in the PropertyManager. Click Next and Back to move between pages.
- On the Feature Removal Complete page, click . The Defeature options are saved in the original model.
Do configurations slow down SOLIDWORKS?
Switching from one configuration to another can slow performance, especially in large assemblies, because the software is loading a different model. Switching from one display state to another can be faster because the model data is already loaded.
Is SOLIDWORKS good for large assemblies?
SOLIDWORKS contains various performance options to handle large assemblies even faster. There is an option called verification on rebuild, with this option SOLIDWORKS checks every new or modified feature against all existing faces.
How do I get out of view mode in Solidworks?
3D Drawing View Mode
- With a drawing view selected, click 3D Drawing View. …
- Use the tools on the pop-up toolbar to manipulate the drawing view as necessary.
- To create a new view orientation, click Save the view or press the spacebar, then add a named view in the Orientation dialog box. …
- Click Exit.
What is solidworks lightweight?
You can load an assembly with its active components fully resolved or lightweight. Both parts and subassemblies can be lightweight. When a component is fully resolved, all its model data is loaded in memory. When a component is lightweight, only a subset of its model data is loaded in memory.
How do you assemble in Solidworks?
To create an assembly from a part:
- Click Make Assembly from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar) or File > Make Assembly from Part. An assembly opens with the Insert Component PropertyManager active.
- Click in the graphics area to add the part to the assembly. SOLIDWORKS makes the first component fixed.