For a single component, right-click the component and select Set to Lightweight. For an entire assembly, right-click the top level assembly icon and select Set Resolved to Lightweight. For a subassembly and its components, right-click the subassembly icon and select Set Resolved to Lightweight.
What is a lightweight solidworks part?
You can load an assembly with its active components fully resolved or lightweight. Both parts and subassemblies can be lightweight. When a component is fully resolved, all its model data is loaded in memory. When a component is lightweight, only a subset of its model data is loaded in memory.
How do I open lightweight in Solidworks?
Manually Opening Assemblies in Lightweight Mode
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, select the assembly you want to open, and then in Mode, select Lightweight.
- Click Open. All components of the assembly are loaded lightweight.
How do you make a part float in Solidworks?
Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree. Select Fix or Float. In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
What does a feather mean in Solidworks?
When a component is lightweight, a feather appears on the component icon in the FeatureManager design tree. When a component is lightweight and out-of-date inside a folder, the folder appears as in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you make a subassembly flexible in SolidWorks?
Making a Subassembly Flexible
To make a subassembly flexible: Click a subassembly in the FeatureManager design tree and select Component Properties . In the dialog box, under Solve as, select Flexible, then click OK.
What does large assembly mode do in SolidWorks?
Large Assembly Mode is a collection of system settings that improves the performance of assemblies. You can turn on Large Assembly Mode at any time. You can also set a threshold for the number of components to automatically open the assembly in Large Assembly Mode when that threshold is reached.
How do you make a part not fixed in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do I move an assembly in Solidworks?
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do you make an exploded assembly in Solidworks?
Creating Exploded Views (Assemblies)
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .