How do you change ducts in Revit?
Click Edit Duct System tab Properties panel Properties (Duct System) . Instance properties for the selected system display in the Properties palette. Make changes and click Apply. Click Finish Editing System to confirm the selection or Cancel Editing System to discard the change.
How do I edit a nested family in Revit?
Modify Families in a Project (or Nested Family)
- Double-click an instance of the family in the drawing area.
- Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify <Element> tab Mode panel (Edit Family).
- In the drawing area or the Project Browser (under Families), right-click the family, and click Edit.
How do you edit a family in Revit 2018?
To load the family into any open projects, on any tab, click Family Editor panel (Load into Project). In the Load into Projects dialog, select the projects in which you want to load the family, and click OK. If the family is already loaded into the project, the Family Already Exists dialog displays.
Can you edit a system family in Revit?
System families are predefined in Revit and saved in templates and projects, not loaded into templates and projects from external files. You cannot create, copy, modify, or delete system families, but you can duplicate (copy) and modify the types within system families to create your own custom system family types.
How do you remove a duct in Revit?
The Options Bar displays the System Name, System Equipment and the Number of Elements in the system. Click Edit Duct/Pipe System tab Edit Duct/Pipe System panel Remove from System. In the drawing area, select the components that you want to remove from the system.
How do I change system classification in Revit?
Customize System Types
- Right-click a system type, and click Type Properties.
- In the Type Properties dialog, under Graphics, for Graphic Overrides, click Edit.
- In the Line Graphics dialog, for Lines, specify Weight, Color, or Pattern. Click OK.
How do you make a nested family in Revit?
Create a Family with Nested Components
- Create or open a family into which you want to nest a family.
- In the Family Editor, click Insert tab Load from Library panel (Load Family).
- Select any families that you want to nest, and click Open.
- Click Create tab Model panel (Component).
To create a family with nested and shared components, share the families before you nest them in a host family. The host family does not need to be a shared family. When you create a nested family of shared components, the first decision you need to make is in what category the host family will belong.
Where are system families located in Revit?
System families are predefined in and saved in templates and projects, not loaded into templates and projects from external files. Because system families are predefined in Revit, you can only load system family types in projects or templates. Revit includes many system families and project and system settings.
How do you edit an object in Revit?
Modify Object Styles
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Object Styles.
- Click the Model Objects, Annotation Objects, or Imported Objects tab.
- Specify the projection, and, if applicable, cut line weights for the category. …
- Click the color value to set the line color.
- Select a line pattern.
What are the three classes of families in Revit?
The 3 kinds of families in Revit are: system families, loadable families, and in-place families. Most elements that you create in your projects are system families or loadable families. Loadable families can be combined to create nested and shared families.