Switch to the South elevation view and select the point cloud. Next, click Move in the contextual ribbon, and then move the point cloud vertically so that the bottom aligns with Level 1. Be aware that Revit will snap to the points in the point cloud and will find an alignment line at the bottom.
How do I show a point cloud in Revit?
To display all point clouds in the view, select the option, and then use check boxes in the Visibility column to show or hide individual point clouds, scan locations, and scan regions. This view displays all scan regions of the point cloud. This view displays only the Walls scan region of the point cloud.
Can Revit read point cloud?
For . rcp and . rcs format files, Revit retrieves the current version of the point cloud file and links it to the project.
How do I open my cloud point?
Open Point Clouds
- Option on the Point Cloud submenu of the main menu.
- Option on the Open submenu of the file menu.
- These will. Ask you to open the first lidar data cloud. Create a new map that will cover just the area of the lidar data set.
How do you change point clouds in Revit?
To modify the visibility and graphics of point clouds in each view, use the Point Clouds tab in the Visibility/Graphics Overrides dialog. You can use properties to change the scale of a point cloud, and define phasing information.
How do I convert XYZ to RCP?
To do so, follow these steps:
- Launch ReCap Pro.
- Select New project.
- Import Point cloud.
- Give the . RCP file a name and location.
- Click Proceed.
- Hit Select Files to import.
- Navigate to the . XYZ files on the computer.
- register / index / launch the project.
How do you crop a point cloud in Revit?
To Crop and Remove a Portion of Point Cloud
- On the ribbon, click Manage tab Point Cloud panel Box Crop .
- A window selection set glyph appears in the graphics window. …
- After picking the second diagonal corner, a rectangular 3D bounding box displays around the area you selected.
Where can I get point clouds?
In most cases, point clouds are obtained by visible access to real objects. This means that simply to cover all scanning positions takes time. Aligning laser scans taken from all these scanning positions can also be a problem.
What is Scan to BIM?
As defined by The B1M, Scan to BIM is: The process of 3D laser scanning a physical space or site to create an accurate digital representation of it. This representation can then be used for designing, assessing progress or evaluating option.