AutoCAD for Mac—included when you subscribe to AutoCAD—has the most popular functionality of the Windows version, but offers a look and feel that is familiar to Mac users and a feature set most appropriate for the OS X environment.
How do I change a line to an arc?
Convert a Line Segment to an Arc Segment
- Select the polyline to display its grips.
- Hover over the grip in the middle of the line segment you want to convert.
- Click Convert to Arc.
- Specify the arc midpoint.
How do you draw a line tangent to an arc in Solidworks?
To sketch tangent arcs:
- Click Tangent Arc .
- Click. on the end point of a line, arc, ellipse, or spline.
- Drag the arc to the desired shape and release. SOLIDWORKS infers from the pointer motion whether you want a tangent or normal arc. …
- Click .
How do you draw a line in Solidworks?
To sketch a line:
- Click Line. …
- In the Insert Line PropertyManager under Orientation, select one of the following: …
- Under Options, select: …
- Under Parameters, you can do the following, based on the Orientation: …
- Click in the graphics area and sketch the line. …
- Complete the line in one of the following ways:
How do you draw a 3 point arc in Solidworks?
To sketch 3 point arcs:
- Click 3 Point Arc .
- Click to set a start point.
- Drag the pointer. , then click to set an end point.
- Drag to set the radius.
- Click to set the arc.
- Click . Video: Sketching a 3 Point Arc.
Is a line an arc?
An arc is a portion of the circumference of a circle. … A straight line is drawn between the end points of the arc would be a chord of the circle. If the arc length is exactly half the circle, this called a semicircular arc. See Semicircle definition.
How do you reverse an arc in Solidworks?
Open a part file that contains an arc. In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the sketch containing the arc and click Edit Sketch . In the graphics area, right-click the arc and click Reverse Endpoint Tangent on the shortcut menu. The software reverses the tangency and flips the arc.
How do I draw a parallel line in Solidworks?
To align and group parallel dimensions:
- In a drawing, hold Ctrl and select two or more dimensions that you want to align. You can also select the group of dimensions by holding the left mouse button and dragging a box around the dimensions.
- Click Align Parallel/Concentric.
How do I edit lines in SolidWorks?
To modify a section line before creating the view:
- Double-click a drawing view and sketch a line (or multiple lines for an aligned section view) in the view. …
- With the line or lines selected, click Insert > Make Section Line.
- Select the section line. …
- Make any changes in the PropertyManager.
- Do one of the following:
How do I draw a line under another line in SolidWorks?
- In a part or assembly document, right-click the model in the graphics area and choose Select Other . The pointer changes to. and a box appears with a list of entities (faces, edges, subassemblies, etc.) …
- Click in the list or the graphics area to select an entity.
How do you move a line in SolidWorks?
To move: Click the line or text and drag to a new location. (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Note. Specify the text properties, then click to place the text in the desired location.