How do you create a datum plane in Solidworks?
- Click Plane (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Plane .
- In the PropertyManager, select an entity for First Reference . …
- Select a Second Reference and Third Reference as necessary to define the plane. …
- Click .
How do I make axis visible in Solidworks?
To turn the display of axes on or off: Click View > Hide/Show > Axes. Search ‘Turning the Display of Axes On or Off’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you make a temporary axis?
Creating a Temporary Axis
- Click the I tem Position button.
- Click at the location where you want to place the temporary axis. This creates an axis at that location.
- Click the Change current axis button and click on the temporary axis you just created. The temporary axis can now be used as the reference axis.
How do you hide XYZ axis in Solidworks?
Hiding or Showing an Individual Axis
- Right-click the axis in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Hide or Show.
How do you hide a triad in Solidworks?
To display or hide the reference triad, click Tools > Options > System Options > Display. Select or clear Display reference triad, then click OK.
What is the use of reference axis?
A reference axis is commonly called a “half-axis”. Reference axes are typically used for monitoring some quantity, such as: Position. Velocity.