On the Manage ribbon, in the Settings panel, click Object Styles. Switch to the Annotation Objects tab. Here, you can control the Line Weight, Line Color, and Line Pattern for Reference Lines and Reference Planes.
How do you change the color of a line in Revit?
Click Manage tab Settings panel Object Styles. In the Object Styles dialog, click the Model Objects, Annotation Objects, or Imported objects tab. Click in the Line Weight, Line Color, or Line Pattern cell for the category you want to modify and make changes as necessary. When finished, click OK.
How do you change a reference line in Revit?
Add a Reference Line
- In the Family Editor, click Create tab Datum panel (Reference Line).
- Using the drawing tools, sketch the line. The line displays as a solitary solid line until selected or when highlighted during preselection. …
- To use reference lines and linear dimensions to control model geometry:
How do I change the color of a generic in Revit?
Go to Solution. Try selecting the Generic Model(s) and right clicking and selecting override graphics in view. Then change the surface pattern to the color you want.
How do I change the color of an imported object in Revit?
Make Global Changes to the Graphic Display of Layers
- Open the project.
- Click Manage tab Settings panel (Object Styles).
- In the Object Styles dialog, click the Imported Objects tab.
- Click to expand the DWG file name of the file. …
- For each layer, change the values for Line Weight, Line Color, or Line Pattern, as desired.
Where is the linework tool in Revit?
Click Modify tab View panel (Linework).
How do I change a linetype in Revit family?
The go click on the lines you’d like to change and change the sub category. (Sub category will be come available under the modify tab. These line types will carry over with your family when you load it in to your project.
What is reference line?
Reference Lines allow you to place lines on the plot at specific locations to mark important values. You could use these to mark control limits or to indicate a trend line for a set of data.
How do you create a reference plane in Revit 2020?
Add a Reference Plane
- On the Draw panel, click (Pick Lines).
- On the Options bar, specify an offset, if desired.
- Select the Lock option to lock the reference plane to the line.
- Move the cursor near the line to which you want to place the reference plane and click.
How do I find reference planes in Revit?
With the reference planes selected, there is a Subcategory panel on the Modify|Reference Planes contextual ribbon. Expand the Subcategory: drop-down and select Major Reference. When you deselect the reference planes, you can see that they are now green.
How do you change the generic model in Revit?
Modify Families in a Project (or Nested Family)
- Double-click an instance of the family in the drawing area.
- Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify
tab Mode panel (Edit Family).
- In the drawing area or the Project Browser (under Families), right-click the family, and click Edit.
How do I change the color of an extrusion in Revit?
- In the drawing area, select the extrusion.
- If you are in the project environment: …
- Click Modify | Extrusion tab Mode panel (Edit Extrusion).
- If desired, modify the extrusion profile.
- On the Properties palette, change the visibility, material, or subcategory of the extrusion, if desired.
How do you change an object style in Revit?
Modify Object Styles
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Object Styles.
- Click the Model Objects, Annotation Objects, or Imported Objects tab.
- Specify the projection, and, if applicable, cut line weights for the category. …
- Click the color value to set the line color.
- Select a line pattern.
How do you shade an object in Revit?
In the Material Editor panel, click the Graphics tab. To change how the material looks in shaded views (such as 3D views and elevations), under Shading, do the following: If you want to use the render appearance to represent the material in shaded views, select Use Render Appearance for Shading.
In Revit LT, click Manage tab Manage Projects panel Manage Links. In the Manage Links dialog, on the CAD Formats tab, select the linked file in the list, and click Reload. Click OK.