Revit LT subscribers can navigate, save, and share Revit LT data in the cloud with BIM 360 Document Management. Cloud Models for Revit provides seamless collaboration between Revit LT non-workshared cloud models and Revit LT workshared cloud models.
Do you need Revit to use BIM 360?
you can access what you need whenever you need it. View the state of the project model at any time in your browser. No Revit, exports, translations, or uploads required.
Is BIM 360 the same as Revit?
BIM is a process and Revit is a tool to leverage that process. … BIM is a process, a methodology and Revit is a single application built for Building Information Modeling with features for the three main disciplines of the AEC industry, (Architectural, MEP- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing, Structural engineering).
You can link models to more easily manage the individual parts or to improve performance when working on a large project. When you link a Revit LT model to the current model, a message displays if the linked model needs to be upgraded to the current software release.
What can’t you do in Revit LT?
Features not included in Revit LT
- Deployment and Installation.
- Construction Modeling. Parts – Parts let you break up a big thing into smaller sections to coordinate how it is built. …
- Structural Modeling. …
- MEP Modeling. …
- Advanced Modeling. …
- Presentation and Visualization. …
- Analysis. …
What is Revit LT good for?
Revit LT is more cost-effective, streamlined BIM software for architecture professionals. It is useful for creating content in isolation. It could also be useful as a lower cost license for non-Revit team members to use for opening workshared files effectively in “detached mode” for checking and printing.
How do I get BIM 360 in Revit 2020?
Starting with Revit 2020, there is a new way for BIM 360 Design users to initiate workshared cloud models.
- Create a new Revit model or open an existing model.
- Use the Collaborate tab to enable worksets.
- Save the workshared file to BIM 360 Document Management by selecting “Save As > Cloud Model” in the File menu.
How do I get BIM 360 in Revit 2022?
This is working as designed for Revit 2022. The BIM 360 icon has been renamed to Autodesk Docs. To access BIM 360 projects, click on the Autodesk Docs icon and an account/project navigator will appear on the right-hand side of the home page.
- From the Insert tab in Revit, click Link Revit.
- Choose the BIM 360 drive in the file browser.
- Navigate through the project and folder structure to the location of your model.
- Select the model and click Open. Note: Each team member needs to install Desktop Connector for BIM 360 to load the links.
What is BIM 360 used for?
Autodesk® BIM 360™ is a cloud-based construction management platform that improves project delivery and outcomes. BIM 360 supports informed decision-making throughout the project lifecycle for project, design, and construction teams.