An architectural diagram is a diagram of a system that is used to abstract the overall outline of the software system and the relationships, constraints, and boundaries between components. It is an important tool as it provides an overall view of the physical deployment of the software system and its evolution roadmap.
How do we describe an IT architecture?
IT architecture, as defined by UAM, is the description of the current or future structure and behavior of an organization’s processes, information systems, personnel, and organizations, aligned with the organization’s core business goals and strategic direction.
What is System Architecture with example?
A system architecture is the conceptual model that defines the structure, behavior, and more views of a system. An architecture description is a formal description and representation of a system, organized in a way that supports reasoning about the structures and behaviors of the system.
How do you read an architecture diagram?
How to draw an architectural diagram
- Document your shapes. …
- And the edges. …
- Keep your arrows consistent. …
- Use colors sparingly. …
- Use multiple diagrams, if necessary. …
- Merge incomplete diagrams. …
- Include legends/keys/glossaries. …
- Use diagramming software.
How do you document architecture?
- Identifying the stakeholders.
- Understand and document their motivations that could impact architecture.
- Understand expectations from the architecture documentation.
- Decide how we would address their concerns (identify ViewPoints).
- Agree on what you would produce.
- Get early feedback.
How do you write a system architecture?
Activities of the process
- Initialize the definition of the system architecture. …
- Define necessary architecture viewpoints. …
- Develop candidate architectures models and views. …
- Relate system architecture to system design. …
- Assess architecture candidates and select one. …
- Manage the selected architecture.
How do you write a system architecture document?
- A general description of the system.
- The logical architecture of software, the layers and top-level components.
- The physical architecture of the hardware on which runs the software.
- The justification of technical choices made.
- The traceability between the architecture and the system requirements.
What are the components of IT architecture?
Technical Architecture Components
- Hardware. Servers. Distributed. WinTel. …
- Software. System Software. Server operating systems. Network operating system. …
- Data center Services. Power grid architecture. Power Distribution Units (PDUs) Backup power – …
- Security Service. Directory Services. Identity Management Services. User provisioning.
What are the different types of IT architects?
The term is used to encompass all architect roles currently existing in the IT industry:
- Domain architect (business, application, data/information, and infrastructure),
- Enterprise architect (encompassing all domain architectures),
- Solution architect (developing solutions to specific business problems),
What makes a good architecture?
They must possess a variety of qualities, most of which they must excel in. Architects need to have a strong understanding of all building disciplines, including structural, electrical and mechanical. This takes smarts. And while simply being smart does not make you a good architect, it does give you a good foundation.