How do I lock an assembly in SolidWorks?
To lock, unlock, or break the external references:
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click List External Refs. …
- View information and set options in the External References For dialog box. …
- Click OK.
What does freezing do in SolidWorks?
You can freeze features to exclude them from rebuilds of the model. The freeze bar controls the point at which a part’s FeatureManager design tree rebuilds. Features above the freeze bar are frozen – you cannot edit them, and they are excluded from rebuilds of the model.
What is rollback in Solidworks?
You can use the FeatureManager rollback bar or shortcut menu to temporarily roll back to an earlier state, to absorbed features, roll forward, roll to previous, or roll to the end of the FeatureManager design tree. You can add new features or edit existing features while the model is in the rolled-back state.
How would you temporarily remove a feature from a model?
Select a feature in the Model Tree or in the graphics area. 2. Do one of the following: ◦ Right-click and select Delete or Suppress.
How do I unlock SolidWorks features?
To lock, unlock, or break external references in the External References dialog box:
- In the FeatureManager design tree: …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do I unlock a SolidWorks file?
To unlock a locked object, click File > Unlock. The Check Out command automatically removes the lock from an object.
How do I change the fixed part in a SolidWorks assembly?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do I move a component in Solidworks?
Using the PropertyManager to Move a Component
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do you limit a mate in Solidworks?
To add a limit mate:
- Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate.
- Under Mate Selections, select the entities to mate for Entities to Mate .
- In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates: Click Distance or Angle . …
- A LimitDistance or LimitAngle mate is added to the assembly.
How do you do a collision detection in Solidworks?
To detect collisions as you move or rotate components: Click Move Component or Rotate Component (Assembly toolbar). In the PropertyManager, under Options, select Collision Detection. If the component you are moving touches any other component in the assembly, the collision is detected.
Which choice is not a standard 3D view in Solidworks?
Question: Which choice is NOT a standard 3D view in SOLIDWORKS? isometric dimetric oblique trimetric.
Why is it useful to suppress a feature?
When you suppress a feature, it is removed from the model (but not deleted). The feature disappears from the model view and is shown in gray in the FeatureManager design tree. If the feature has child features, the child features are also suppressed.