What is the difference between fillet and chamfer in SolidWorks?
A chamfer is the sloped or angled edges or corners of a part design. It is an antonym of the fillet. Instead of having a curved shape, a chamfer is straight and has a sharp angle. … If your design requires sharp corners to be efficient for its purpose, you should choose chamfer over the different fillet mechanics.
How do you fillet a 3D model in Solidworks?
To fillet edges of 3D solids:
- Click Solids > Solid Editing > Fillet edges (or type FilletEdges).
- Specify the Radius option.
- Specify the radius of the fillet arc.
- Specify the edges of 3D solids and press Enter. The software fillets the edges by the specified radius.
What does the fillet feature do in Solidworks?
Fillet/Round creates a rounded internal or external face on the part. You can fillet all edges of a face, selected sets of faces, selected edges, or edge loops.
How do you hide the edges of lines in Solidworks?
To hide or show edges in a drawing:
- Click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the edges to hide (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click . …
- To show edges, click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the hidden edges highlighted in orange, (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click .
How do you knit a surface in Solidworks?
To knit surfaces:
- Click Knit Surface on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Knit. Create adjacent, non-intersecting surfaces.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selections: …
- Select Gap Control to view edge pairs that might introduce gap problems, and to view or edit the knitting tolerance or gap range. …
- Click OK .
Is fillet or chamfer stronger?
Fillet gives better stress flow (less resistance) compared to chamfers. Fillets generally give a lower stress concentration factor than chamfers . Chamfers are more forgiving when fitting mating parts. i.e. even if there are inaccuracies in a chamfer mating parts might fit together.