Can you combine parts in Solidworks?
You cannot combine two separate parts. However, you can create a multibody part by using Insert Part to place one part into the other part file. Then you can use Combine on the multibody part. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
How do you combine two extrudes in Solidworks?
The Combine feature lives under Insert>Features>Combine. The common function allows you to add two bodies together, and keep the area that is common to them. To use this feature, we will select the common button, and then under Bodies to Combine, select the two bodies.
Can you save a SOLIDWORKS assembly as a step file?
You can set the export options when you export SOLIDWORKS part or assembly documents as STEP files. To set the STEP export options: Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
How do you convert assembly to a part?
Depending on how the assembly was made most of the time this process will work:
- Open the assembly Save As Part and select the All Components radio button and hit Save. …
- Go to Insert, Features, Combine: …
- Drag a box around the entire part to select everything and have ADD marked then select.
How do I convert a STEP file to SOLIDWORKS assembly?
1) In the SolidWorks program click OPEN. 2) Set the filter to whichever file type you want to use (In this example we will use STEP). 3) Click Options… to access the options menu. In order to have IGES, STEP, UG and ACIS import as an assembly you will have to select the Import multiple bodies as parts option.
How do you mate two parts in SolidWorks?
To add a mate:
- Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert > Mate.
- In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate . …
- Click to close the PropertyManager, or click before you click to create a new mate.
How do you move bodies in SolidWorks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.