Where are AutoCAD settings stored?
Location of the Configuration File (AutoCAD only)
- In the Application Preferences dialog box, Application tab, click the arrow to the left of Help and Miscellaneous File Names.
- Click the arrow to the left of Configuration File. The location and name of the configuration file is displayed.
How do I copy AutoCAD settings to another computer?
On the old computer, export the settings from the older version of AutoCAD. Copy the export ZIP file to the new computer. Install the old version of AutoCAD in trial mode on the new computer. Install the new version of AutoCAD (in normal licensed mode) on the new computer.
How do I save my workspace in AutoCAD?
Click Tools menu > Workspaces > Save Current As. In the Save Workspace dialog box, in the Name box, type AutoCAD Classic. Click Save.
How do I change settings in AutoCAD?
How to select options and specify preferences for general drawing settings.
- Click Application button > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click a tab and set options as desired.
- Save the settings: To save the settings and keep working in the dialog box, click Apply.
How do I restore custom settings in AutoCAD?
AutoCAD for Windows
- Windows 10: Start > AutoCAD 20xx > Reset Settings To Default.
- Windows 7: Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 20xx > Reset Settings To Default.
How do I save an AutoCAD drawing as a PDF?
To Export a Single Layout to a PDF File
- Near the bottom-left of the drawing area, click the layout tab.
- Click Output tab Plot panel Plot. …
- In the Plot dialog box, under Printer/Plotter, in the Name box, select the most appropriate AutoCAD PDF plotter configuration (PC3 file) for your requirement.
How do I transfer Autodesk to another device?
Connect your old device to a computer and select Open device to view files when the AutoPlay dialog appears. Tap the Phone icon. Go to Autodesk > SketchBook3, select all the . tiff files, create a copy, then save them to a folder (name it SketchBookExpress) on your computer.
How do I save workspace?
To save some but not all of the current workspace variables,
- Select the variable in the Workspace browser. To select multiple variables, Shift+click or Ctrl+click.
- Right-click and from the context menu, select Save As.
How do I change the default save location in AutoCAD?
Do the following:
- Right-click the AutoCAD shortcut icon located on the desktop and click Properties. …
- In the Start in field, enter the desired folder path (example: C:Drawings).
- Launch AutoCAD.
- Type REMEMBERFOLDERS in the command line.
- Enter 0 to turn it off.
How do I reset the ribbon in AutoCAD?
To Reset the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Right-click anywhere inside the ribbon.
- Click Restore Default Ribbon.