To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do I change variables in Solidworks?
Changing Global Variables with the Modify Dialog Box
- In the FeatureManager design tree, click a feature with a dimension linked to a global variable. …
- In the sketch, double-click the linked dimension.
- In the Modify dialog box, change the dimension value.
- Click Rebuild and .
How do you change equations in Solidworks?
To edit an equation:
- Do one of the following: Click Equations (Tools toolbar). …
- Select the Equation View .
- Select an equation, global variable or dimension.
- Edit the entry. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do I change normal to in Solidworks?
Changing the Orientation of the Standard Model Views
- Do one of the following: Use the Rotate, Zoom, and Pan tools to orient the model. Click View Selector and select a view. …
- Click Update Standard Views .
- When prompted, select the standard view you want to assign the current view to.
- Click Yes to confirm the update.
How do you override a dimension in Solidworks?
Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options. On the System Options tab, select Sketch. Select Override dimensions on Drag/Move and click OK.
Linking Dimension Values Using Link Values
- Right-click the dimension and select Link Values.
- In the Shared Values dialog box, select or type a Name. In addition to the linked variable names you create, global variables are also available for selection under Name. …
- Click OK. …
- Repeat for as many dimensions as needed.
How do you show variables in Solidworks?
Global variables and their current values appear:
- In the Equations dialog box.
- In the Equations folder in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Under Value/Text Expression on the Custom tab in the Summary Information dialog box.
- Under Value/Text Expression in the Weldment dialog box.
How do you insert a formula in Solidworks 2020?
Adding a Sketch Equation
- Click Equations (Tools toolbar).
- Click Tools > Equations.
- Right-click the Equations folder in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Manage Equations.
How do you add parameters in Solidworks?
To access the Parameters dialog box, click Insert > Design Study > Parameters. You can also view defined parameters in the Parameters node of the Simulation study tree. Type a name of the parameter. Define global variables in the Add Equation dialog box.
How do you add equations in Solidworks?
Right click on Equations in the feature manager tree. Select Manage Equations. Click on the Equation View button. In the Equations section, click on the “Add equation” box.
Where is normal to Button in SolidWorks?
From an open model or 3D sketch, with nothing selected, press the spacebar. From the Orientation dialog box, click Normal To . The model aligns with the rotated coordinate system. When you apply this method to a 2D Sketch, the model is aligned normal to the sketch.